The Student Room Group

Progression at Year 2

Hi I am currently at the university of leeds and basically only have 90 credits in my second year (I resat and still didn’t pass). I am very unsure if i have made it to third year or not, the university has not provided much of a response and so was wondering if anyone could please provide me with an answer.
So the university website states you need to pass 100 credits per year in order to stay on for a ‘honours’ degree. For an honours degree you basically need 100 credits at level 1, level 2 and level 3.
However, from reading the ‘ordinance’ for masters and bachelors degrees it states that “Upon completion of year 2, in order to proceed to year 3 of the integrated degrees of Master and Bachelor, candidates must have achieved a minimum number of 200 credits, or a higher number if specified in the prescribed programme specification, and have passed the modules, including any designated in the programme specification as necessary for progression, to the standard prescribed.”
So basically I am very uncertain about whether I have progressed to third year or not.
I have not achieved 100 credits for my second year, however I do have 215 credits from both my first year and second year combined (125 from first and 90 from second). And, technically, I would still be able to obtain a honours degree if I pass all my modules in third year.
After resit results were out, my school just sent me an email saying I’ve been dropped from my integrated masters degree to a bachelors degree but nothing about not progressing.
My accommodation contract has already started so I am wanting to move out but, I am still unsure on whether they will just drop me when term starts.
Like from all this would I still not be able to continue with an ‘ordinary’ degree at the least?
They have let me register for next year and my student finance says registration has been confirmed and they I asked for a registration certificate which they sent, so everything looks likely to me having progressed to year 3. But I’m just a bit scared it will come to first day of term and they say I don’t have 100 credits.
Sorry for how long this is, any help is appreciated. If anyone has progressed with less credits than they are supposed to have, please let me know. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest