The Student Room Group

Progression Appeal- Mitigating circumstances and Compensatory Pass

I failed 2 modules in year 2- equating to 30 credits in total
One failed module was 38 percent and the other 36.
I also achieved over 40 percent average in the year and 90 credits passed. According to my university handbook this is enough for me to be allowed to progress into third year with compensatory passes.
This is because, although I met the criteria to progress, the board of examiners have the overruling decision to give compensatory passes or not, and they did not in my case... not sure why

my university has told me I am not allowed to progress into third year. I am currently appealing this.
I have undisclosed extenuating circusmstances that led to me doing worse in my exams in semester 2 (when the failed modules were) I have since been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, prescribed anti depressants and been referred to a councillor

If I claim these circumstances, with evidence, and state that they were not stated previously, due to not yet being diagnosed, will they allow me compensatory passes? and allow me to progress? thanks.
Reply 1
I failed 2 (non-mandatory) modules in year 2- equating to 30 credits in total
One failed module was 38 percent and the other 36.
I also achieved over 40 percent average in the year and 90 credits passed. According to my university handbook this is enough for me to be allowed to progress into third year with compensatory passes.

However, my university have informed me I have to repeat year 2 semester 2

This is because, although I met the criteria to progress, the board of examiners have the overruling decision to give compensatory passes or not, and they did not in my case... not sure why

I am currently appealing this.
I have undisclosed extenuating circusmstances that led to me doing worse in my exams in semester 2 (when the failed modules were) and have evidence of me since been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, being prescribed anti depressants and been referred to a councillor

If I claim these circumstances, with evidence, and state that they were not stated previously, due to not yet being diagnosed, will they allow me compensatory passes? and allow me to progress? thanks.
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
bump
Threads merged - please don't make multiple thread on the same topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending