The Student Room Group

Does Oxford look at your School when you apply?

I used to go to King Edward VI Handsworth Grammar School for Girls before doing my GCSEs, and when I got my results ( an 8, three 7s, two 6 and the rest 5s) the school decided that I couldnt continue there as my English needed to be a 6 not 5. Which I was ONE MARK AWAY FROM ACHIEVING. Anway, I'm applying for oxford with A* Maths, A in Biology and A in Chemistry, but will me being kicked out of the grammar school and going to a normal non-selective school and achieving those grades be a disadvantage or an advantage when appyling
all they will see is that you took your GCSEs at one school and then studied level 3 qualifications at a different school
Original post by Anonymous
I used to go to King Edward VI Handsworth Grammar School for Girls before doing my GCSEs, and when I got my results ( an 8, three 7s, two 6 and the rest 5s) the school decided that I couldnt continue there as my English needed to be a 6 not 5. Which I was ONE MARK AWAY FROM ACHIEVING. Anway, I'm applying for oxford with A* Maths, A in Biology and A in Chemistry, but will me being kicked out of the grammar school and going to a normal non-selective school and achieving those grades be a disadvantage or an advantage when appyling

Oxford do look at your school when you apply, and they will be aware that you did GCSEs and A levels in different schools. Keep in mind that when assessing GCSEs, Oxford only care about the school you actually did your GCSEs at. They will compare you to the average for that school, not the state school you studied at later on.
Reply 3
Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending