The Student Room Group

ax^n + bx^m

can anyone explain how you use this form with the questions:

x/5
3/2rootx
rootx/3x^2
(x^2-3)/rootx
Could you write out the question properly? There is nothing to work on with just these obscure algebraic expressions
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Can'tDecideAName
Could you write out the question properly? There is nothing to work on with just these obscure algebraic expressions

i cant through text
Original post by cheery-condition
i cant through text

Either use the equation editor on Word and print the document off as a PDF so it can be attached to this post, or find an online free equation editor and copy the results on here (or screenshot).
Original post by MindMax2000
Either use the equation editor on Word and print the document off as a PDF so it can be attached to this post, or find an online free equation editor and copy the results on here (or screenshot).

https://1drv.ms/w/s!At1SPXEAxif3hX-X4YFfpTJ0Nliy?e=KzWozR

The first photo is a little unclear. However, using what you put in the question, I can decipher some of it.

As we are not allowed to give you the answers directly, I would only be able to give you hints.

Question 1: this is a fraction. no b term. Look at the power of indices as clues.
Question 2: look at the power of indices. no b term
Question 3: cancel down the fraction. no b term
Question 9: break the subtraction up.

If you have problems with the other questions (since you only asked for help with these specifically), let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest