The Student Room Group

The LNAT

Hi, I am in year 12 and interested in taking the LNAT exam especially since I want to apply to a top Unis, I want to make sure I can get a recognisable grade.. Do you guys have any excellent advice on how I could ace my LNAT exam and when I should start preparing for the exams Because I really do want to stand out from other applicants
Reply 1
Me too! What unis were you thinking of applying to?
Original post by Uhhcallmerae
Hi, I am in year 12 and interested in taking the LNAT exam especially since I want to apply to a top Unis, I want to make sure I can get a recognisable grade.. Do you guys have any excellent advice on how I could ace my LNAT exam and when I should start preparing for the exams Because I really do want to stand out from other applicants
Reply 2
Im still thinking.. :/ what about yourself?

Original post by hk123*6
Me too! What unis were you thinking of applying to?
Reply 3

Hi! I did the LNAT last year (and got 29, so not too badly and was the highest score at my school) and I have a few websites/ tips. Firstly, make sure to keep up with the news, the essay I chose to do (out of the three options) was on something quite topical, and practice writing essays to time and with older keyboards (this was something I really struggled with in the actual exam!). The essay is the main place where you can 'stand out' from other people because it is how you show your individual style and thought process.
Its also important to do as many practice multiple choice papers that you can, there are lots of different websites online so try and find one that suits you (Arbitio is good and so is the Khan academy LSAT prep and this is free). Nevertheless, its ok if your score is 'lower' than you think it should/ could be, I know someone who did 'badly' but still got into LSE and had a Cambridge interview so as long as the rest of your application is strong, the multiple choice is not the most important.
Overall, I'd say the essay is more important for 'standing out' (although check what weighting unis give the essay/ multiple choice because King's doesn't even look at the essay) but its equally as important to have good grades and a personal statement that is different/ unique (i.e. don't just talk about the Rule of Law or Letters to a Law Student). Starting to look at unis/ the LNAT itself it probably a good idea at the end of this term, but it's never to early to start! Finally, make sure that you don't just apply to LNAT unis in case something goes wrong in the exam (have one or two unis that aren't LNAT options), although I'm sure it won't!
If you have any other questions, then please let me know!
Reply 4
I'm not too sure tbh... maybe LSE, or KCL but still need to figure it once I acc do my mocks lol. My school's decided to have them on the last week of June so until then I can't really decide fully.
Im still thinking.. :/ what about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending