The Student Room Group

English language

What is the best way to revise for AQAEnglish language gcse , the revison guide does not seem to actually have anything good in it so I have been using past papers so I was wondering if anyone knew any other ways ?
Reply 1
Original post by JuliaMander
What is the best way to revise for AQAEnglish language gcse , the revison guide does not seem to actually have anything good in it so I have been using past papers so I was wondering if anyone knew any other ways ?

I always found English language the hardest to revise for!! The most useful advice i can give is know how to use all your methods (similes, metaphors etc.) and structural techniques and be able to spot them when analysing extracts (do lots for practice questions on these). Also know all your structures for non-fiction creative writing in paper 2 because I know so many people that struggled this year when a speech came up for creative writing. I hope this helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lucymant
I always found English language the hardest to revise for!! The most useful advice i can give is know how to use all your methods (similes, metaphors etc.) and structural techniques and be able to spot them when analysing extracts (do lots for practice questions on these). Also know all your structures for non-fiction creative writing in paper 2 because I know so many people that struggled this year when a speech came up for creative writing. I hope this helped :smile:

I also really recommend watching first rate tutors on youtube!! they do both lang and lit for aqa

Quick Reply

Latest