The Student Room Group

Any reliable services that would look over my personal statement?

I finished my personal statement and although it has been looked over by my teacher, I would like some extra input from someone with more experience in applying to British universities. I found a few companies offering that but I have no idea what is actually reliable and helpful. Does anyone have any experience with services like that? I would prefer it wasn’t very expensive (<100£) as I only want someone to look over it with some feedback, I don’t really need those 1:1 online sessions some offer.

Also, is it considered valid to even use those? It does feel like cheating a bit though in my case I don’t really have anyone to ask for advice? My teacher ensured it’s well-written and readable but she can’t really help me with the content itself.
Original post by allieney
I finished my personal statement and although it has been looked over by my teacher, I would like some extra input from someone with more experience in applying to British universities. I found a few companies offering that but I have no idea what is actually reliable and helpful. Does anyone have any experience with services like that? I would prefer it wasn’t very expensive (<100£) as I only want someone to look over it with some feedback, I don’t really need those 1:1 online sessions some offer.

Also, is it considered valid to even use those? It does feel like cheating a bit though in my case I don’t really have anyone to ask for advice? My teacher ensured it’s well-written and readable but she can’t really help me with the content itself.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154
Reply 2

Thank you very much, I will try to use that then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending