The Student Room Group

Croydon: Girl, 15, killed in south London stabbing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Old Skool Freak
The underlying mechanisms behind Gang / Knife crime are quite complex. There are a lot of factors /variables going on; it's not as simple to just blame Gansta Rap or violent video games.

I don't mind going through some of the reasons, if it's going to be a constructive debate. If it's just going to turn into a childish / racist rant, then I'm not wasting my time.

I totally agree with you, knife crime is a multifaceted issue.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Because quite frankly no one wants to be the one that gives the red pill, that’s why. They’re absolutely terrified of the same people that try to claim ‘sToP aNd SeArCh Is RaCiSt’…

It goes beyone stop and search powers. How many policemen have have charges leveied against them when they are simply doing their job but social media has witch hunted against them?

We had armed police almost hand in all their guns because they are chastised for doing their jobs.
Original post by Guru Jason
It goes beyone stop and search powers. How many policemen have have charges leveied against them when they are simply doing their job but social media has witch hunted against them?

We had armed police almost hand in all their guns because they are chastised for doing their jobs.

Precisely, and it prevent them from doing their job properly which in turn leads to crime being pretty much legalised as it is now, through a completely toxic mix of those on the left defending every criminal they can, and the police who are left to do a below par job at fear of persecution.

Look at this forum alone as an example. In that case whereby the Olympic athlete was pulled you had people on here claiming it was racially profiled. Completely forgetting the fact that the two individuals were driving in an unsafe manner and refused to cooperate with police. That case was open and closed for me. No issue with what the police did at all. It was blatantly justified and nothing to do with race. Yet the left wing melts on here are all over it. As long as this is the case crime will absolutely never ever reduce. The criminal is always the victim.

Need the government now to bring in emergency legislation granting enhanced stop and search powers and an instant, no challenge sentence of 10 years imprisonment if found with a knife with body cam evidence. Simple.
Precisely, and it prevent them from doing their job properly which in turn leads to crime being pretty much legalised as it is now, through a completely toxic mix of those on the left defending every criminal they can, and the police who are left to do a below par job at fear of persecution.

Look at this forum alone as an example. In that case whereby the Olympic athlete was pulled you had people on here claiming it was racially profiled. Completely forgetting the fact that the two individuals were driving in an unsafe manner and refused to cooperate with police. That case was open and closed for me. No issue with what the police did at all. It was blatantly justified and nothing to do with race. Yet the left wing melts on here are all over it. As long as this is the case crime will absolutely never ever reduce. The criminal is always the victim.

Need the government now to bring in emergency legislation granting enhanced stop and search powers and an instant, no challenge sentence of 10 years imprisonment if found with a knife with body cam evidence. Simple.

Yet you look on the bbc today and they're more concerned with someone cutting down an old tree rather than violent crime.

This country has become a bad joke over the last decade.
Reply 24

Yet you look on the bbc today and they're more concerned with someone cutting down an old tree rather than violent crime.

This country has become too desensitised to violent crime against children and between them, it always in the news yet nothing is done. We simply mull over another child stabbing and go oh another one, then quickly forget by the time the next happens.

To be fair, that sycamore gap tree being cut down enrages me just as much. It’s completely mindless and senseless vandalism by again someone under 18. We are raising a generation of monsters by letting them have excuse after excuse for poor behaviour.
Original post by joe_y.i
This country has become too desensitised to violent crime against children and between them, it always in the news yet nothing is done. We simply mull over another child stabbing and go oh another one, then quickly forget by the time the next happens.

Just to add to this, I’m absolutely certain khan said this morning that ‘there hadn’t been a child stabbing in Croydon in 2 years’ like that was acceptable. More bothered about charging people to drive than sorting out the absolutely sky rocketing crime levels in the capital and that’s before including minor crime that goes unreported.
People are stabbing with machete knives now and not the other normal knives, probably because the killers want to make sure the victim dies. You may survive being stabbed by a small knife but never a machete. How do these murderers even get their hands on a machete? It's not even legal to own weapons in this country.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Sunak may as well ban the use of possessions like he did with the XL Bully

yes lets hope he does. There is no need to carry weapons. The government should get tough on this.
To be fair, that sycamore gap tree being cut down enrages me just as much. It’s completely mindless and senseless vandalism by again someone under 18. We are raising a generation of monsters by letting them have excuse after excuse for poor behaviour.

Just to add to this, I’m absolutely certain khan said this morning that ‘there hadn’t been a child stabbing in Croydon in 2 years’ like that was acceptable. More bothered about charging people to drive than sorting out the absolutely sky rocketing crime levels in the capital and that’s before including minor crime that goes unreported.

yes he obsessed like you say.
The elephant in the room is of course that in 2010 Conservative voters elected a party which ran on a platform of defunding the police, the legal system, the prison system, and the probation service under the guise of austerity.

You don't need a particularly high IQ to understand the long term consequences of such policies but here we are. Well done, you played yourselves.
Reply 30

They've now arrested a man in his 60s so I guess we've been raising monsters for a while now.

How would you feel about decriminalisng drugs? Clearly the criminalisation of drugs has led to a huge increase in violent crime just like the criminalisation of alcohol did, we'll never get close to fixing this problem until we sort out our drug policy.
(edited 7 months ago)
Another reason why I love the fact I left London.
Original post by -Eirlys-
A 15-year-old girl has been killed in a stabbing in Croydon, south London.

Police cars and ambulances surrounded a red double decker bus in Wellesley Road, near the Whitgift Centre, following the attack at 08:30 BST.

A teenage boy, believed to be known to the victim, was arrested shortly after the girl died at 09:21 BST, and a murder inquiry has begun.

The girl was on her way to Old Palace of John Whitgift School, a private girls' school in Croydon.

In a statement the school said: "We are deeply shocked by the senseless and tragic death of our much-loved and valued friend and pupil.

"It will take some time for the Old Palace community to come to terms with this terrible news, and we will offer support to our pupils as we try to do so. Above all, we send our love and deepest sympathies to the girl's family at this unimaginably distressing time."

Read more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66935446

Britain is broken. We need the return of capital punishment.
Reply 33

Almost? No. They did. Dozens and dozens. And there aren't that many to begin with.

Chastised? That's a rather mild word for "being charged with murder" or "having the IOPC conduct an 8 year campaign against you against the advice of the courts, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court"
Reply 34
Original post by Old Skool Freak
The underlying mechanisms behind Gang / Knife crime are quite complex. There are a lot of factors /variables going on; it's not as simple to just blame Gansta Rap or violent video games.

I don't mind going through some of the reasons, if it's going to be a constructive debate. If it's just going to turn into a childish / racist rant, then I'm not wasting my time.

I'm interested in hearing what these complex mechanisms are, because to me they're quite straightforward.

1. For the longest time, people around the world have always banded together in like-minded groups and committed crimes.
2. Young people are indoctrinated to think that they are responsible for nothing, nothing is their fault and that there are no consequences to their actions.
3. They learn from social media to defy authority and behave in any manner that they like. If they are stopped by police, they cry out that they are being abused, racially profiled or that they cannot breathe. People rush to their aid and immediately side with them, even though they are carrying weapons or drugs.
4. Decades of weak social policy has led to almost no penalty for crime. Hence, it is completely rational to commit crime.

The answers are not in youth clubs, social justice or education. Those are long-term projects - like trying to put out a fire with a smoke alarm. There is no point in thinking about blue sky preventative measures if you're already in an emergency. Equally, there are too many people convinced that crime can be treated like public health (because we've just seen how effective government is at public health). What is required is to allow policing to occur again, the CPS to be funded and stop being timid, and for courts and especially magistrates to stop giving out absurdly low penalties upon conviction.
Original post by Trinculo
I'm interested in hearing what these complex mechanisms are, because to me they're quite straightforward.

1. For the longest time, people around the world have always banded together in like-minded groups and committed crimes.
2. Young people are indoctrinated to think that they are responsible for nothing, nothing is their fault and that there are no consequences to their actions.
3. They learn from social media to defy authority and behave in any manner that they like. If they are stopped by police, they cry out that they are being abused, racially profiled or that they cannot breathe. People rush to their aid and immediately side with them, even though they are carrying weapons or drugs.
4. Decades of weak social policy has led to almost no penalty for crime. Hence, it is completely rational to commit crime.

The answers are not in youth clubs, social justice or education. Those are long-term projects - like trying to put out a fire with a smoke alarm. There is no point in thinking about blue sky preventative measures if you're already in an emergency. Equally, there are too many people convinced that crime can be treated like public health (because we've just seen how effective government is at public health). What is required is to allow policing to occur again, the CPS to be funded and stop being timid, and for courts and especially magistrates to stop giving out absurdly low penalties upon conviction.

This is by far, the best post I have ever read on here. Absolutely spot on the money.
Reply 36
I guess no one wants to talk about real soilutions just moan and whine about "like-minded groups ", "cultural backgrounds" and their hatred of younger generations. Pathetic.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by the beer
I guess no one wants to talk about real soilutions just moan and whine about "like-minded groups ", "cultural backgrounds" and their hatred of younger generations. Pathetic.

Nobody wants to discuss real solutions because it could offend someone. If we bring back corporal punishment and death penalty, things could change quickly.
Reply 38
Original post by the beer

Describe one “real solution” that in your mind might work
Reply 39
Original post by Trinculo
Describe one “real solution” that in your mind might work

I have already

Decriminalise drug possession.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending