The Student Room Group

Work Coach DWP Role

I applied for a job as a Work Coach for DWP. At the end of October I was given a provisional offer subject to pre employment checks. In December I received my DBS certificate and an email to say all my pre employment checks had been confirmed and that I have met conditions on employment. I am yet to receive a formal offer, and I wondered if anyone else had been in this situation. If so, how long did it take to receive a start date etc. When I log into my account, or when I've emailed them, I just get told my application is being updated.
Many thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OLIRRY82
I applied for a job as a Work Coach for DWP. At the end of October I was given a provisional offer subject to pre employment checks. In December I received my DBS certificate and an email to say all my pre employment checks had been confirmed and that I have met conditions on employment. I am yet to receive a formal offer, and I wondered if anyone else had been in this situation. If so, how long did it take to receive a start date etc. When I log into my account, or when I've emailed them, I just get told my application is being updated.
Many thanks.

Hi I am in the same position as you, how did you get on after all ? I’m currently waiting on formal offer and have already received an email from dwp vetting saying that my pec are a success and cleared , just want to know how long it takes after that to start?
Reply 2
Hi, I received an email to say I was on the reserve list. Then 3 weeks ago recieved a formal job offer, however I'd already got another job so had to decline it.
Good luck, I hope they don't keep you waiting to long!!
Hi, I received an email to say I was on the reserve list. Then 3 weeks ago recieved a formal job offer, however I'd already got another job so had to decline it.
Good luck, I hope they don't keep you waiting to long!!

What was the time frame between you getting an email that you was on the reserve list and getting the phone call for formal offer? What number did they ring on? Sorry for lots of questions I’ve been on reserve list for 2 weeks and I just want to gather time frame and know what number they rang on so I can be prepared
Reply 4
I'm in the same position and have an offer from another job. I'd much prefer the work coach job but don't know how long I can keep waiting. Don't want to say no to a job offer and then not get the DWP job
Reply 5
Many thanks.

I had the same , have u had any changes or progress
Anyone on reserve list for south London and heard any feedback yet ?
Reply 7
Original post by Lorraine12
Anyone on reserve list for south London and heard any feedback yet ?

@Lorraine12 did DWP offer you a position?
Reply 8
Got an email this morning saying there were vacancies in Sutton and Croydon and to respond to the email by Sunday 11th
Reply 9
Original post by Zogbia
Got an email this morning saying there were vacancies in Sutton and Croydon and to respond to the email by Sunday 11th

Really, when did you initially apply so I know how long you had to wait
Reply 10
Original post by Stu19
Really, when did you initially apply so I know how long you had to wait

20th May I made the first application
10th June passed the pre recorded interview
23rd placed on reserve list
Reply 11
The email wasn’t an actual offer but I guess it’s some progress
Reply 12
Got a call today offering Croydon for August 2nd start
Anyone else had the same
Original post by Zogbia
Got a call today offering Croydon for August 2nd start
Anyone else had the same

Did you start on 02 August? Is your training office-based or work from home?
Reply 14
All the training is office based
Slowly getting claimants back doing face to face interviews so looking to return to ‘normal’
Original post by Zogbia
All the training is office based
Slowly getting claimants back doing face to face interviews so looking to return to ‘normal’

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought there might be an element of wfh at one stage.
Reply 16
I think there was before we started but they’re phasing it out
Do you have to wear a mask in the office?
Reply 18
No masks in my office
But there are specific parts of the building where you have to
Original post by Zogbia
No masks in my office
But there are specific parts of the building where you have to

Good to know. I would not take the role if I had to wear a mask all day.

Quick Reply

Latest