The Student Room Group

Croydon: Girl, 15, killed in south London stabbing

A 15-year-old girl has been killed in a stabbing in Croydon, south London.

Police cars and ambulances surrounded a red double decker bus in Wellesley Road, near the Whitgift Centre, following the attack at 08:30 BST.

A teenage boy, believed to be known to the victim, was arrested shortly after the girl died at 09:21 BST, and a murder inquiry has begun.

The girl was on her way to Old Palace of John Whitgift School, a private girls' school in Croydon.

In a statement the school said: "We are deeply shocked by the senseless and tragic death of our much-loved and valued friend and pupil.

"It will take some time for the Old Palace community to come to terms with this terrible news, and we will offer support to our pupils as we try to do so. Above all, we send our love and deepest sympathies to the girl's family at this unimaginably distressing time."

Read more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66935446

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Murdering someone because they don’t want to go out with you? Enjoy prison,
Original post by Gazpacho.

Not happening. He’ll go to a young offenders institution most likely, although perhaps someone a bit more clued up can shed some light.

Not gaslighting at all here but I’m wondering what kind of background the assailant comes from. One shouldn’t speculate at present, however the silence and rumours lead to more questions.

Either way, said criminal will in no way receive the correct punishment, which despite their age should be life imprisonment with no parole.
Horrifying crime. Knives and stabbing are far too prevalent. Thid does seem in the surface to be separate from the gang related crimes we usually see with these stabbings and instead a man on woman violence.

Lock him up and throw away thr key
Original post by Andrew97
Horrifying crime. Knives and stabbing are far too prevalent. Thid does seem in the surface to be separate from the gang related crimes we usually see with these stabbings and instead a man on woman violence.

Lock him up and throw away the key

Even then, gang related ones also involve pedestrians and normal citizens e.g. the story of a gang member stabbing a teenager over AF1s and another of a boy being mistaken as some1 else. Unfortunately knife crime is prevalent in the UK and especially in London. I wouldn't be surprised if that boy that killed her was some what affiliated to a gang or was a wannabe gangster. I just could not imagine murdering some1 over rejection. Vile human and I agree w ur sentiment to lock em up and throw away the key
Reply 5
Original post by imlikeahermit
Not happening. He’ll go to a young offenders institution most likely, although perhaps someone a bit more clued up can shed some light.

For murder, under 18s get a custodial life sentence:

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-prison-sentence/sentences-children-young-people
Original post by -Eirlys-
A 15-year-old girl has been killed in a stabbing in Croydon, south London.

Police cars and ambulances surrounded a red double decker bus in Wellesley Road, near the Whitgift Centre, following the attack at 08:30 BST.

A teenage boy, believed to be known to the victim, was arrested shortly after the girl died at 09:21 BST, and a murder inquiry has begun.

The girl was on her way to Old Palace of John Whitgift School, a private girls' school in Croydon.

In a statement the school said: "We are deeply shocked by the senseless and tragic death of our much-loved and valued friend and pupil.

"It will take some time for the Old Palace community to come to terms with this terrible news, and we will offer support to our pupils as we try to do so. Above all, we send our love and deepest sympathies to the girl's family at this unimaginably distressing time."

Read more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66935446

So it comes to the point that if a girl doesn’t want to go out with you you need to be a clown and murder them just to take away life which they’ll never gain back
Original post by Surnia

Sentence him for life
Reply 8
Original post by Gazpacho.

Original post by Mohammed_80
So it comes to the point that if a girl doesn’t want to go out with you you need to be a clown and murder them just to take away life which they’ll never gain back

The news article has been updated; it's not been confirmed if it was the ex-girlfriend who was stabbed or a friend who tried to intervene in the argument.

Either way, absolutely tragic. Why was a knife even being carried; was it intended for the ex or someone else?
Original post by Surnia

Which unfortunately will not be life.
Which unfortunately will not be life.

Not entirely a parallel but I watched a case in the US where the girl was just a few days under 18 and they charged her as an adult and she got a whole life sentence. Under 18s, at least what I see in the US, often get charged as an adult depending on the crime committed and if it was premeditated. If the suspect is quite close to turning 18, they may try him as an adult, which I hope they do tbh.
I have to say I'm beyond caring as harsh as this sounds. Knife crime has been prevalent in the uk for years and any time we try to give police powers, certain movement do anything in their power to cry wolf.

I'm just indifferent to it now.
(edited 7 months ago)
Sunak may as well ban the use of possessions like he did with the XL Bully
Apparently don’t know if this is true the victim was a friend of the girl that was supposed to receive the flowers and then therefore got stabbed
Reply 14
Original post by random_matt
I was not advocating it whatsoever, I was merely pointing out crime will always be high unless the obvious was done. Clearly our race does not as it falls well under our realm of morality, however, people within positions of knowledge know this to be true.

I just wanted to comment on it, just to be sure because you never know these days
Reply 15
The amount of young people being stabbed in London this year alone is blood-curdling.

No one is taking any responsibility. No one is taking action. All that's happening is pushing the blame onto someone else.

******* state of the UK.
Original post by Barbu
The amount of young people being stabbed in London this year alone is blood-curdling.

No one is taking any responsibility. No one is taking action. All that's happening is pushing the blame onto someone else.

******* state of the UK.

Because quite frankly no one wants to be the one that gives the red pill, that’s why. They’re absolutely terrified of the same people that try to claim ‘sToP aNd SeArCh Is RaCiSt’…
Reply 17
Because quite frankly no one wants to be the one that gives the red pill, that’s why. They’re absolutely terrified of the same people that try to claim ‘sToP aNd SeArCh Is RaCiSt’…

Quite.

This is the result of decades of the Left and Right refusing to tackle the knife crime issue head on and facing the realities, no matter the inconvenience.

It's an epidemic that has been left to fester and until we study in depth the real reasons as to why it's so rampant, it'll continue to stain our country.

Sadiq Khan will no doubt pray for the victim's family, but what has he done... what will he ever do??!

Nowt, because he's a ******* fraud.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 18
Because quite frankly no one wants to be the one that gives the red pill, that’s why.

What like decriminalising drug possession?
Original post by Barbu
Quite.

This is the result of decades of the Left and Right refusing to tackle the knife crime issue head on and facing the realities, no matter the inconvenience.

It's an epidemic that has been left to fester and until we study in depth the real reasons as to why it's so rampant, it'll continue to stain our country.

Sadiq Khan will no doubt pray for the victim's family, but what has he done... what will he ever do??!

Nowt, because he's a ******* fraud.

The underlying mechanisms behind Gang / Knife crime are quite complex. There are a lot of factors /variables going on; it's not as simple to just blame Gansta Rap or violent video games.

I don't mind going through some of the reasons, if it's going to be a constructive debate. If it's just going to turn into a childish / racist rant, then I'm not wasting my time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending