The Student Room Group

Where can I apply for Medicine - Advice needed pls

Hi Folks,
Applying for medicine - 2024 entry. With current stats as below, I have drawn an initial list of unis but so confused and would like to see how it compares with experts opinion here.

GCSEs : Phy (9), Chem(9), Bio(9), Maths(8), Economics(8), Latin(7), Geography(7), Eng-Lit(7), Eng-Lang(6)
A Levels (predict) : Biology-A*, Chemistry-A , Physics - A, EPQ - A.
UCAT : 2760 (VR-580, DM-670, QR-690, AR-820);
SJT : Band -2
Work exp : Volunteering at Charity org 12 months ; Working with disabled riders at horse riding centre 6 months ; 1 week work exp at NHS (shadowing)
Contextual or WP flags : Don't qualify for any contextuals / WP.
Researches: Research on obesity for EPQ

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by haibuddy
Hi Folks,
Applying for medicine - 2024 entry. With current stats as below, I have drawn an initial list of unis but so confused and would like to see how it compares with experts opinion here.

GCSE : 999887776
A-Level (Predi) : Chemistry-A*, Biology-A , Physics - A, EPQ - A.
UCAT : 2760 (VR-580, DM-670, QR-690, AR-820); SJT Band-2.
BMAT - Don't have any plans to take.

Read the first post and then post your stats, in the format described, and people will try to give advice
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312527
Reply 2
Original post by GANFYD
Read the first post and then post your stats, in the format described, and people will try to give advice
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312527

Thank you, just edited / revised the format.
Reply 3
Thank you, just edited / revised the format.

So where are you thinking of?
Reply 4
Hi Folks,

GCSEs : Phy (9), Chem(9), Bio(9), Maths(8), Economics(8), Latin(7), Geography(7), Eng-Lit(7), Eng-Lang(6)
A Levels (predict) : Biology-A*, Chemistry-A , Physics - A, EPQ - A.
UCAT : 2760 (VR-580, DM-670, QR-690, AR-820);
SJT : Band -2
Work exp : Volunteering at Charity org 12 months ; Working with disabled riders at horse riding centre 6 months ; 1 week work exp at NHS (shadowing)
Contextual or WP flags : Don't qualify for any contextuals / WP.
Researches: Research on obesity for EPQ

Have a look at UEA, Plymouth, ARU, SGUL, Edge Hill, Liverpool and you are just above Manchester's cut off last year.
Keele and Sunderland are options if you have good volunteering
Reply 5
Thank you. I was thinking along the same lines - ARU, Liverpoo, Edge Hilll. Do you think Cardiff & East Anglia are a far stretch?
Reply 6
Thank you. I was thinking along the same lines - ARU, Liverpoo, Edge Hilll. Do you think Cardiff & East Anglia are a far stretch?

Cardiff is essentially a lottery, unless Welsh +/- lots of contextual points.
UEA is one I recommended?
Reply 7
Original post by GANFYD
Cardiff is essentially a lottery, unless Welsh +/- lots of contextual points.
UEA is one I recommended?

Oh yes, that's right. I wish I scored a bit more to have a few more choices tbh!. Thanks for your recommendations. I will be applying this week. Thanks.
Reply 8
Oh yes, that's right. I wish I scored a bit more to have a few more choices tbh!. Thanks for your recommendations. I will be applying this week. Thanks.

You can only apply to 4 and go to 1 med school!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending