The Student Room Group

Caucasus International University in Georgia

Please help me!!!!! i’m currently applying for this CIU for the march 2023 intake but i’m scared honestly. I’m a UK student and i really want to come back to the UK afterwards to practise as a Doctor in the UK. I’m kinda out of options now so this University is kinda the only thing I got and I just need some reassurance or something because I don’t know anyone that studies there or have heard anything about it. Does anyone know anything about this University or anything that can help me stress a little less? I’ll be so so eternally grateful :frown:(
Hey , I’m currently studying in ciu and I’m a uk student
If you need any info , just reply back - I’ll be glad to help and sorry for the late reply - I’ve just logged in after years 😅
Reply 2
Original post by studyingstudents
Please help me!!!!! i’m currently applying for this CIU for the march 2023 intake but i’m scared honestly. I’m a UK student and i really want to come back to the UK afterwards to practise as a Doctor in the UK. I’m kinda out of options now so this University is kinda the only thing I got and I just need some reassurance or something because I don’t know anyone that studies there or have heard anything about it. Does anyone know anything about this University or anything that can help me stress a little less? I’ll be so so eternally grateful :frown:(

i would suggest you to reconsider your options as the university is on the Grey list of GMC and its puts a huge risk to you degree as you might get rejected by GMC.
Reply 3
Original post by studyingstudents

Don't apply to this university or any other that is on the WE MAY ACCEPT list of gmc if you want a secure future without worries because GMC can reject any application of a students from the Grey list universities.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
If you need any info , just reply back - I’ll be glad to help and sorry for the late reply - I’ve just logged in after years 😅

Hi, I'm thinking of going to caucasus uni to study medicine, I'm from the UK. Can you give an overall summary of the the uni is and how daily life is there?
Thanks
Reply 5

Im thinking of studying medicine at ciu this year, so I was wondering what to expect when I get there and what student life is like.
Reply 6
Why are you guys willing to go to a university that is on the grey list of GMC and involved with an agency like Medlinks which is well known for its scam and fraudry.
Reply 7
Original post by haery
Why are you guys willing to go to a university that is on the grey list of GMC and involved with an agency like Medlinks which is well known for its scam and fraudry.

UKMLA will be a thing soon(everyone including uk students will take the exam), so it's irrelevant where the degree is from.
Where are you studying?
Reply 8
Original post by Hdgsbehdh
UKMLA will be a thing soon(everyone including uk students will take the exam), so it's irrelevant where the degree is from.
Where are you studying?

you should be prepared to get rejected by GMC as the University is still on the grey list of GMC which is bad enough for anyone to not go for this University
Reply 9
Original post by kindiy
you should be prepared to get rejected by GMC as the University is still on the grey list of GMC which is bad enough for anyone to not go for this University

I dont think you understand the process. There are many universities which are not accepted by the gmc (universities from Pakistan,India etc). For those people they need to do PLAB for them to be accepted by the GMC. The UK has spoken about implementing UKMLA which replace the PLAB exams. The UKMLA exam will be compulsory for every medical graduate wherever they got their degree from (including students who did their medical degree in UK univerisites).
Original post by haery

Medlinks tried to push me to apply for a university that wasnt even accepted by the gmc saying that it was and when i confronted them they said it just changed
Reply 11
Original post by Bobby321456
Medlinks tried to push me to apply for a university that wasnt even accepted by the gmc saying that it was and when i confronted them they said it just changed

They always say and lie about anything even if it ruins your whole future just to make you join one of their partner University
I dont think you understand the process. There are many universities which are not accepted by the gmc (universities from Pakistan,India etc). For those people they need to do PLAB for them to be accepted by the GMC. The UK has spoken about implementing UKMLA which replace the PLAB exams. The UKMLA exam will be compulsory for every medical graduate wherever they got their degree from (including students who did their medical degree in UK univerisites).

This comment pains me so much I had to dust off my tsr account. You're uni is listed on the greylist. That is a fact. Some Indian and Pakistani unis are and some aren't.

There's are American unis on the greylist. Heck! Seoul National Uni is on the blacklist! And that school is super duper hard to get into and is seen as an elite uni, especially for medicine.

Yes everyone needs to take the PLAB
But also you need to meet this requirement
Per the gmc website: "Before you can take the PLAB test, you’ll need to set up a GMC Online account and show us that your medical qualification and knowledge of English are acceptable. Your information will be verified, and if it meets our requirements, you can book your place on part 1 of the PLAB test."

So if your degree is on the greylist does that count as acceptable? Yeah it's painful to hear the uni you are going to might not let you work in U.K but you still have time to get out and find a uni that is NOT on the grey/blacklist. You mention Indian and Pakistani doctors; maybe they graduated from unis that aren't on the grey/blacklist

"Do you need to take the PLAB test?

If you graduated from a medical school outside of the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you’ll probably need to take the PLAB test. The PLAB test will check that you know and can do the same as a doctor starting the second year of their Foundation Programme training in the UK."

Now U.K introducing a bar like exam, doesn't mean you aren't supposed to fulfil gmc requirements.
Reply 13
Original post by Hoodie Allen
This comment pains me so much I had to dust off my tsr account. You're uni is listed on the greylist. That is a fact. Some Indian and Pakistani unis are and some aren't.

There's are American unis on the greylist. Heck! Seoul National Uni is on the blacklist! And that school is super duper hard to get into and is seen as an elite uni, especially for medicine.

Yes everyone needs to take the PLAB
But also you need to meet this requirement
Per the gmc website: "Before you can take the PLAB test, you’ll need to set up a GMC Online account and show us that your medical qualification and knowledge of English are acceptable. Your information will be verified, and if it meets our requirements, you can book your place on part 1 of the PLAB test."

So if your degree is on the greylist does that count as acceptable? Yeah it's painful to hear the uni you are going to might not let you work in U.K but you still have time to get out and find a uni that is NOT on the grey/blacklist. You mention Indian and Pakistani doctors; maybe they graduated from unis that aren't on the grey/blacklist

"Do you need to take the PLAB test?

If you graduated from a medical school outside of the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you’ll probably need to take the PLAB test. The PLAB test will check that you know and can do the same as a doctor starting the second year of their Foundation Programme training in the UK."

Now U.K introducing a bar like exam, doesn't mean you aren't supposed to fulfil gmc requirements.

I was mistaken on that post. To qualify to take the PLAB test you need to be accepted by gmc first.
Just FYI, regarding georgia.
Gmc grey list:
1. Alte University School of Medicine
2. Caucasus International University School of Medicine
3. European University Tbilisi (for students who began their study from 2019 onwards)
4. Georgian National University SEU Faculty of Medicine
5. New Vision University

Not accepted list:
1. New Vision University (graduates who have completed the medical qualification in less than six years)
2. European University Tbilisi (for students who started study before 2019)

Caucasus university school of medicine and healthcare management (aka caucasus univeristy) is not on either of the above lists. It is in the world directory of medical schools. So that seems to be a good option.
Original post by Anonymous #1

hey are you happy to answer some questions as i’m looking to apply to this uni…
Original post by created-prominen

Hi, I'd be willing to answer questions, I study Medicine in Georgia - currently in my third year :smile:
I was mistaken on that post. To qualify to take the PLAB test you need to be accepted by gmc first.
Just FYI, regarding georgia.
Gmc grey list:
1. Alte University School of Medicine
2. Caucasus International University School of Medicine
3. European University Tbilisi (for students who began their study from 2019 onwards)
4. Georgian National University SEU Faculty of Medicine
5. New Vision University
Not accepted list:
1. New Vision University (graduates who have completed the medical qualification in less than six years)
2. European University Tbilisi (for students who started study before 2019)
Caucasus university school of medicine and healthcare management (aka caucasus univeristy) is not on either of the above lists. It is in the world directory of medical schools. So that seems to be a good option.

Hey, I just wanted to check in on this message from you once, since New Vision & CIU are both on WDOMS, does that change anything for them since you claim they were not ?

hi hi im looking to apply in ciu and ive heard its not the best and u have to pay extra for clinical hours. could pls let me know how it is there??
Original post by momomo1234
Hi, I'd be willing to answer questions, I study Medicine in Georgia - currently in my third year :smile:

hi hi im looking to apply in ciu and ive heard its not the best and u have to pay extra for clinical hours. could pls let me know how it is there??
Original post by created-prominen

Hey, I can answer your questions...just PM me with your instagram and I will be happy to help. Currently, cannot reply to PMs on this for some reason.
(edited 12:05)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending