The Student Room Group

Does where I graduate matter?

I'm currently in London Metropolitan doing a Foundation year in Sports Therapy. I'm aware that London Southbank will accept my course so that I can study Occupational Therapy. I've been observing my grades through my foundation year, and I've been doing pretty well (92-100% on all exams so far). This has made me think if I could get accepted into a better university. So I rang around, and both City and St George's do Occupational Therapy. Unfortunately, they will not accept my course (city because they don't do OT and St George because they don't take foundation years). This has made me sad and made me think if there is a possibility for me to switch my course whilst I'm doing it to something St George's will accept. But I know it's still not a guarantee they will accept me. I want to be the best at everything I do, but unfortunately, due to life, I've had to start from the bottom.

I wanted to ask, is where I graduated important in Occupational Therapy?

Are there other ways I can improve my chances and thrive academically in this field?

Should I switch courses? and is that possible?
I'm currently in London Metropolitan doing a Foundation year in Sports Therapy. I'm aware that London Southbank will accept my course so that I can study Occupational Therapy. I've been observing my grades through my foundation year, and I've been doing pretty well (92-100% on all exams so far). This has made me think if I could get accepted into a better university. So I rang around, St George's do Occupational Therapy.

Unfortunately, they will not accept my course St George because they don't take foundation years). This has made me sad and made me think if there is a possibility for me to switch my course whilst I'm doing it to something St George's will accept. But I know it's still not a guarantee they will accept me. I want to be the best at everything I do, but unfortunately, due to life, I've had to start from the bottom.

Are there other ways I can improve my chances and thrive academically in this field?

Should I switch courses now? and is that possible?

Are there access courses and the like that will accept me and let me transfer from my foundation year course?

Appreciate all your time.
Original post by bluemadhatter
I'm currently in London Metropolitan doing a Foundation year in Sports Therapy. I'm aware that London Southbank will accept my course so that I can study Occupational Therapy. I've been observing my grades through my foundation year, and I've been doing pretty well (92-100% on all exams so far). This has made me think if I could get accepted into a better university. So I rang around, St George's do Occupational Therapy.

Unfortunately, they will not accept my course St George because they don't take foundation years). This has made me sad and made me think if there is a possibility for me to switch my course whilst I'm doing it to something St George's will accept. But I know it's still not a guarantee they will accept me. I want to be the best at everything I do, but unfortunately, due to life, I've had to start from the bottom.

Should I switch courses now? and is that possible?

Are there access courses and the like that will accept me and let me transfer from my foundation year course?

Appreciate all your time.

The NHS does not care where you take your degree, so where you study will not affect your employability. So if there are unis that will accept your current foundation year for an OT degree, I'd stick with the course you are on. Just make sure that the degree course is HCPC approved:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/course-finder

[Threads merged as same question posted twice]
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending