The Student Room Group

A-level Choices

I am currently in year 10 and I have high hopes of going to medical school. I am aware of the large competition, especially within russel groups. Should I worry about taking 4 instead of the usual 3 A-levels and if so, what should they be? (Excluding obvious chemistry and biology)
Reply 1
Original post by GyllisDevonshire
I am currently in year 10 and I have high hopes of going to medical school. I am aware of the large competition, especially within russel groups. Should I worry about taking 4 instead of the usual 3 A-levels and if so, what should they be? (Excluding obvious chemistry and biology)

Would reccomend you do maths too, helps in case you change your mind, and also good for higher education in general.
Original post by GyllisDevonshire

only need 3 and can take any along with chem and bio unless you aim to go to Cambridge then you would need maths or physics but every other school is just bio chem and 3rd subject doesnt need to be maths just take one you will get an a in that is most important

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending