The Student Room Group

A Level Biology & Chemistry OCR Textbooks

Hi! Does anyone have a pdf OCR A-level Biology and Chemistry textbooks? Also any helpful YouTubers or websites for revision.
Original post by L1YVA
Hi! Does anyone have a pdf OCR A-level Biology and Chemistry textbooks? Also any helpful YouTubers or websites for revision.

Hi, I can’t provide you with a PDF, but check out Kerboodle for both textbooks. Usually, your school will subscribe for the online book, or you can buy them second hand.

I did Bio, and these are the YouTubers I’d recommend:

> Biorach- really good, draws simple diagrams goes through the basics for every Year 1 and 2 topic. She explains the processes in Bio really well, and is OCR specific.

> Freesciencelessons- Yep, you can’t escape it. He does some great videos for A-level OCR bio.

>Primrose Kitten- For Bio AND Chem. She covers the PAGs you need to know for Bio. Her and other Bio and Chem YouTubers made a very long revision video with everything you need to know for every topic in Bio before exams which was a good refresher 2 days before. She also does maths and physics if you’re taking either of these too.

> I’d also recommend for Bio watching animations of the processes. There’s an array of YouTube channels that make visualisations of the processes involved, such as Photosynthesis, making the perhaps distant nature of some topics seem more real.

Hope this helps a bit, and sorry about not having a PDF
Reply 2
Original post by Lightningparrot
Hi, I can’t provide you with a PDF, but check out Kerboodle for both textbooks. Usually, your school will subscribe for the online book, or you can buy them second hand.

I did Bio, and these are the YouTubers I’d recommend:

> Biorach- really good, draws simple diagrams goes through the basics for every Year 1 and 2 topic. She explains the processes in Bio really well, and is OCR specific.

> Freesciencelessons- Yep, you can’t escape it. He does some great videos for A-level OCR bio.

>Primrose Kitten- For Bio AND Chem. She covers the PAGs you need to know for Bio. Her and other Bio and Chem YouTubers made a very long revision video with everything you need to know for every topic in Bio before exams which was a good refresher 2 days before. She also does maths and physics if you’re taking either of these too.

> I’d also recommend for Bio watching animations of the processes. There’s an array of YouTube channels that make visualisations of the processes involved, such as Photosynthesis, making the perhaps distant nature of some topics seem more real.

Hope this helps a bit, and sorry about not having a PDF

Thank you! This was really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest