The Student Room Group

How long before A-levels will/did you revise?

How long before the actual A-levels will/did you start revising? I know that many people revise during the year, but I’m referring to the phase where you try to memorise all the content completely, because I feel like if I start too early the content I learn at the beginning will be forgotten, so I’d just have to cover it again.
Original post by Esisaxis
How long before the actual A-levels will/did you start revising? I know that many people revise during the year, but I’m referring to the phase where you try to memorise all the content completely, because I feel like if I start too early the content I learn at the beginning will be forgotten, so I’d just have to cover it again.

I make notes (flash cards, mind-maps, summaries) from the start of the year. And then start with memorisation about a week before mocks, which are in January for me, this helps with unit 1s etc, and then my final revision starts a week or so after February half-term and I slowly build up more and more hours (in short bursts). I then start with past paper practice over Easter break. Hope this helps - for reference I got 3 As at AS last year.
Reply 2
Original post by Mya Branagh
I make notes (flash cards, mind-maps, summaries) from the start of the year. And then start with memorisation about a week before mocks, which are in January for me, this helps with unit 1s etc, and then my final revision starts a week or so after February half-term and I slowly build up more and more hours (in short bursts). I then start with past paper practice over Easter break. Hope this helps - for reference I got 3 As at AS last year.

Thanks, this is really helpful guidance.

Quick Reply

Latest