The Student Room Group

How can i get a grade 7 on my aqa history gcse

my mocks r in 2 months and im doing WW1, Germany (the Weimar republic), Elizabethan England and Britain- health). Im currently at a 3. Are there any good resources i can use for the specific units im studying and any good yt channels.
Reply 1
Hi, I dont know if this will help much because my exam board is edexcel and idk what exam board urs is (But Im doing the same topic as you) but as a grade 8 history student, what I found useful and time efficient for history revision was watching bbc iplayer documentaries especially about Weimar Germany and Elizabethian England and taking notes to revisit later. If you don't have access to these, another helpful visual learning tool can be found on youtube like: Revision Bird, Peter Jackson. I think the oxford AQA history textbooks are pretty useful too, you won't have to learn everything in that textbook, just learn some dates and names and KEY events that had happened. Sorry if that didn't make sense but I hope it helped a bit!
(edited 6 months ago)
I found the YouTube channel “a long long time ago” very useful
Original post by Unknown72927
my mocks r in 2 months and im doing WW1, Germany (the Weimar republic), Elizabethan England and Britain- health). Im currently at a 3. Are there any good resources i can use for the specific units im studying and any good yt channels.
Original post by Unknown72927

If you're at a grade 3 you should just focus on learning the content in any way you can (preferably what works for you). The specification can help to fine tune your knowledge when you're working at a higher grade and learning some minute details and exam technique should secure a grade 9.

Quick Reply

Latest