The Student Room Group

Is all 9s achievable for a Year 10 student like me??

I'm currently in year 10 and just got my grade collections and am willing to go to any extent to get all 9s next year. I just genuinely don't know to revise, so if anyone could give me any possible tips to revise I would especially apprentice it. I think I'll probably do combined higher in year 11, as my school only determines whether you're doing combined or triple in year 11, and while I am currently in top set, I would prefer to go into combined higher for a better chance of getting good grades, yet I'm worried that will hinder my chance at getting into top unis if I have one less GCSE - I want to pursue law. If anyone could look at my predicted grades and let me know if it's possible and how to achieve this, especially as someone who is a chronic procrastinator, please let me know how.

Achieved in Mocks : Predicted
Edexcel Biology 6 : 7
Edexcel Chemistry 8 : 8
Edexcel Physics 7 : 8
Edexcel Maths 7 : 8
AQA English Lit 8 : 8
AQA English Lang 9 : 8 (yeah I know that one is a bit weird)
AQA R.E. 9 : 9
Edexcel History 9 : 9
Edexcel Business 7 : 8
Edexcel Spanish 8 : 8
Reply 1
Yes it’s possible, you’ve got mostly 8’s and a couple 9 so you can improve by next year and get mostly 9s. Bear in mind in the long run GCSEs aren’t that important, like after university.
Original post by ms_24
I'm currently in year 10 and just got my grade collections and am willing to go to any extent to get all 9s next year. I just genuinely don't know to revise, so if anyone could give me any possible tips to revise I would especially apprentice it. I think I'll probably do combined higher in year 11, as my school only determines whether you're doing combined or triple in year 11, and while I am currently in top set, I would prefer to go into combined higher for a better chance of getting good grades, yet I'm worried that will hinder my chance at getting into top unis if I have one less GCSE - I want to pursue law. If anyone could look at my predicted grades and let me know if it's possible and how to achieve this, especially as someone who is a chronic procrastinator, please let me know how.

Achieved in Mocks : Predicted
Edexcel Biology 6 : 7
Edexcel Chemistry 8 : 8
Edexcel Physics 7 : 8
Edexcel Maths 7 : 8
AQA English Lit 8 : 8
AQA English Lang 9 : 8 (yeah I know that one is a bit weird)
AQA R.E. 9 : 9
Edexcel History 9 : 9
Edexcel Business 7 : 8
Edexcel Spanish 8 : 8

Hi, by the looks of it, you are doing amazing and are well one your way to achieving 9s. At this point, you should have an idea of what exam layout and answers are expected from you in your exams. Do practice papers and constantly review content to avoid falling into the trap of the forgetting curve! Good luck!
Looks doable if you stop procrastinating.
That said,getting all 9s at gcses isn't very important for top unis,so long as you have some 8/9s they won't care. They care more about alevels and extra stuff you do

Quick Reply

Latest