The Student Room Group

University urgent law

I was stupid during the summer and did not spend much time revising my subjects and I ended up being predicted AAB/ A*AB. I begged my teacher to move my grade up to an A but she does not want to. Now I cannot apply to any of my uni choices, I was an early applicant applying to Oxford and I had my LNAT booked for this Saturday. Now I do not know what to do. I cannot apply to any russel unis and certainly not oxford since she doesn't want to move my grade up. My whole plan which begun in year 12 now is runied and all my choices are gone? What do I do now? Should I still take the LNAT since I paid and prepared for it if I am not applying to any universities that require it? Is there no possibility I can still applyto Oxford. I am purely heartbroken since I know I am capable of higher grades..
Original post by Anonymous
I was stupid during the summer and did not spend much time revising my subjects and I ended up being predicted AAB/ A*AB. I begged my teacher to move my grade up to an A but she does not want to. Now I cannot apply to any of my uni choices, I was an early applicant applying to Oxford and I had my LNAT booked for this Saturday. Now I do not know what to do. I cannot apply to any russel unis and certainly not oxford since she doesn't want to move my grade up. My whole plan which begun in year 12 now is runied and all my choices are gone? What do I do now? Should I still take the LNAT since I paid and prepared for it if I am not applying to any universities that require it? Is there no possibility I can still applyto Oxford. I am purely heartbroken since I know I am capable of higher grades..

You've paid and prepared for the LNAT, so take it. Good practice if nothing else.

You could still apply to Oxford as a long shot, because a good LNAT would go some way to compensating for that B. Remember that you don't have to submit all your choices at the same time so you could just apply to Oxford pending your LNAT results.

As a backup, take a gap year and apply with achieved grades.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
You've paid and prepared for the LNAT, so take it. Good practice if nothing else.

You could still apply to Oxford as a long shot, because a good LNAT would go some way to compensating for that B. Remember that you don't have to submit all your choices at the same time so you could just apply to Oxford pending your LNAT results.

As a backup, take a gap year and apply with achieved grades.

Wait what do you mean about not having to submit all my choices at the same time? I thought that when you send off the UCAS application with the early deadline, I need all 5 of my choices.
Wait what do you mean about not having to submit all my choices at the same time? I thought that when you send off the UCAS application with the early deadline, I need all 5 of my choices.

Nope. You can apply with fewer than 5 then add the rest later.
Reply 4

Look mate I'll be blunt.

Do the LNAT anyway.

Apply to different unis (I know of a few proper good law schools, though not exactly "elite", that will probably give you a conditional offer with an AAB/A*AB prediction, especially if you wow them with a good LNAT score). Aim for over 30 if you really wanna butter them up.

Get 3 A*s and prove that teacher of yours wrong.

Ace your Law degree.

Just to make it clear, you should add the others before the equal consideration deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending