The Student Room Group

UoB Law / Law with Business admissions help - Urgent

I've got an offer to study Law LLB at University of Birmingham. I originally applied to Law with Business but they gave me an offer for Law instead because I was 1 grade below their Maths GCSE requirement (got an 6, they wanted a 7 for With Business LLB). My interests genuinely lie within Law and Business, I am currently studying a Business Extended Diploma. I have been told that once I enrol for Law, I would be able to go to the Law office at the uni and ask to switch to Law with business. Is this actually possible? Also any tips for Law at uni?
Reply 1
hi im a year 13 student but id say u can join law at first but switch later. Its possible my uncle went from econ to computer science in uni in the first year or just after the first year. id say try out just law first and if ur not enjoying it then go switch
Reply 2
Original post by User.bp
I've got an offer to study Law LLB at University of Birmingham. I originally applied to Law with Business but they gave me an offer for Law instead because I was 1 grade below their Maths GCSE requirement (got an 6, they wanted a 7 for With Business LLB). My interests genuinely lie within Law and Business, I am currently studying a Business Extended Diploma. I have been told that once I enrol for Law, I would be able to go to the Law office at the uni and ask to switch to Law with business. Is this actually possible? Also any tips for Law at uni?

I got declined for LLB Law and then got offer for LLB Law with business. I think LLB Law is still good option. My understanding is LLB Law with business is only covering basics subjects of business studies in UG. Those key subjects you can choose in your 3rd year as electives anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending