The Student Room Group

Non-Russell Group universities for Law (Urgent)

I need to choose a University with AAB requirements.
Which do you think is better for Law between the University of Kent and Lancaster University? Or do you have any other suggestions?
I know for Russell Group, Sheffield and Exeter have courses with AAB.

The league tables aren't really helping because they all say different things.
Please help. I need to confirm by Wednesday. Thank you!
Original post by imloki
Which do you think is better for Law between the University of Kent and Lancaster University? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Hi @imloki
I'm currently in my 3rd year studying Geography at Lancaster. Whilst Lancaster is not a Russel group, it does have a AAB Law course. Personally, studying at a non-Russel group university has made no difference to me, there is still excellent teaching, good career prospects and employers don't seem to mind if you go to a Russel group uni. Maybe look at which modules you can study on both courses and pick a course that looks most interesting and suited to you.
Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @imloki
I'm currently in my 3rd year studying Geography at Lancaster. Whilst Lancaster is not a Russel group, it does have a AAB Law course. Personally, studying at a non-Russel group university has made no difference to me, there is still excellent teaching, good career prospects and employers don't seem to mind if you go to a Russel group uni. Maybe look at which modules you can study on both courses and pick a course that looks most interesting and suited to you.
Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thank you for replying! I have already decided to put Lancaster as one of my choices!
Original post by imloki

Hi @imloki ,

Although the University of Law is not a RG university (because it is relatively new), it does qualify the highest number of practicing lawyers each year. Therefore, it is a really great place to do your undergrad as it allows you to tap into a wealth of employment support and opportunities such as pro bono work. Another great feature of ULaw, is that there are multiple campuses across the country and you can choose to study at any of them (you can also choose to switch between campuses during your studies if you fancy a change of scenery). I have done both my MA and am currently doing my BPC at ULaw and have really enjoyed evert aspect 🙂

To do an LLB at ULaw you need BBB at A Level in any subject.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie
I would personally apply to 5 Russell group universities. All of the unis below AAB will be in clearing.

Liverpool, Newcastle, Southampton and Cardiff will be the easiest to get an offer from.

Check if you are eligible for a contextual offer also.

Push to see if you can get your predicted grades up also. But I really would recommend applying to 5 RG unis.
Reply 5
I would say Lancaster is slightly better out of those :smile:

You also could try Cardiff.
Original post by aloexo
I would say Lancaster is slightly better out of those :smile:

You also could try Cardiff.

Cardiff is RG.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending