The Student Room Group

Computer science or Accounting and finace degree

I've done accounting economics and maths at alevel and I'm going to be resitting them so therefore I'm doing ucas again. I've recently become interested in tech but I still like accounting and finace and stuff. What should i do? So far I enjoy economics (although I don't have the grades to pursue it at a top tier uni so I'm not sure. I could study accounting and finace at one tho aswel as comp sci) I'm very mathsy and feel like I'd enjoy computer science but I wish there was a way for me to do both. If I did a computer science would I still be able to get a GOOD job in finace like would ir help me and stuff or should i become an accountant.
Original post by Katy_whisper
I've done accounting economics and maths at alevel and I'm going to be resitting them so therefore I'm doing ucas again. I've recently become interested in tech but I still like accounting and finace and stuff. What should i do? So far I enjoy economics (although I don't have the grades to pursue it at a top tier uni so I'm not sure. I could study accounting and finace at one tho aswel as comp sci) I'm very mathsy and feel like I'd enjoy computer science but I wish there was a way for me to do both. If I did a computer science would I still be able to get a GOOD job in finace like would ir help me and stuff or should i become an accountant.

Computer Science is a very big Field I would say… so is Economics. Personally, I’m doing Comp Sci at Uni of Leicester so far I’m enjoying it and it’s very interesting to learn how mathematically computers work and their algorithms.

If you like computers and think good at computer science then computer science might be the right field to pursue in. And Computer Science is a skill based degree not knowledge based as economic. So you will need to learn programming and bunch of other stuff related to the field you will be pursuing.

If you don’t like coding then Computer Science is not the right choice.

Ultimately, it depends on what you like and what you want to achieve. Try learning or researching both of them and see which one is better, Degrees are completely different from A levels so it’s best to research. Best of luck finding your field!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending