The Student Room Group

gcse speaking exam

umm im in y10 and my speaking exam is next week. i dont have a topic to speak about and i srls dont know how to format it. could anyone give me advice please
Reply 1
Original post by shaimaa.09
umm im in y10 and my speaking exam is next week. i dont have a topic to speak about and i srls dont know how to format it. could anyone give me advice please

It’s a speech/talk about any topic whatsoever. Make sure you have a topic and are focused on it. Be passionate about it and talk for about 4-5 mins so 4-5 sides of A4 should cover it. You should memorise this speech! And then you’ll answer questions on your topic for 5-6 mins. I did mine on war crimes and western hypocrisy. I know people who did it on gender equality, climate change, beauty standards, child marriage. You can choose anything to talk about
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy
It’s a speech/talk about any topic whatsoever. Make sure you have a topic and are focused on it. Be passionate about it and talk for about 4-5 mins so 4-5 sides of A4 should cover it. You should memorise this speech! And then you’ll answer questions on your topic for 5-6 mins. I did mine on war crimes and western hypocrisy. I know people who did it on gender equality, climate change, beauty standards, child marriage. You can choose anything to talk about

waitt omg child marriage is actually really good to talk about but i cant be taken serious at all. ive been thinking about doing it on my favourite show but i know ill get laughed at lol. i was also thinking about doing it on time consumers/social media but thats really common
thankuu though
Reply 3
Original post by shaimaa.09
waitt omg child marriage is actually really good to talk about but i cant be taken serious at all. ive been thinking about doing it on my favourite show but i know ill get laughed at lol. i was also thinking about doing it on time consumers/social media but thats really common
thankuu though

It doesn’t matter if it’s common! Lots of people do climate change but still get distinctions. Do something you’re interested in but try to focus on it from a different point of view. You could do your favourite show and talk about some real world issues that they address/satirise if relevant.

Quick Reply

Latest