The Student Room Group

Arabic Gcse spoken exam

I’m a homeschooled student and i’m taking arabic gcse as a language. However 25% of the grade is a spoken exam and i cant find anywhere to do that, so does anyone have anywhere they know that takes external students for spoken arabic?? Btw i cant take IGCSE as ive looked through the papers and the content assessed is far too hard and in detail.
Reply 1
im homeschooled too and i did mine at a school nearby. basically just email the exams officers(you should be able to find their email on the schools website) at all the schools around(including public) and ask if they take external candidates. youll have to do this for the writing, listening, and speaking parts as well anyway. for the speaking youll have to get an adult who is fluent in arabic(modern standard arabic/fusha) and familiar with the gcse syllabus to conduct the exam for you, and they cant be related. my teacher did it for me!
Reply 2
Original post by marxamh
im homeschooled too and i did mine at a school nearby. basically just email the exams officers(you should be able to find their email on the schools website) at all the schools around(including public) and ask if they take external candidates. youll have to do this for the writing, listening, and speaking parts as well anyway. for the speaking youll have to get an adult who is fluent in arabic(modern standard arabic/fusha) and familiar with the gcse syllabus to conduct the exam for you, and they cant be related. my teacher did it for me!

For the speaking i have to get someone to conduct the exam? Wont it be conducted by the teachers in that school though? btw i don’t have an arabic teacher as i learnt arabic while i recently lived in egypt and thought it’d be a good idea to do an arabic gcse as i speak it already 😅
Reply 3
Original post by unknown20001
For the speaking i have to get someone to conduct the exam? Wont it be conducted by the teachers in that school though? btw i don’t have an arabic teacher as i learnt arabic while i recently lived in egypt and thought it’d be a good idea to do an arabic gcse as i speak it already 😅

no. unless they teach arabic as a subject in the school which is very rare! if you can find an adult who is fluent in fusha it should be alright

Quick Reply

Latest