The Student Room Group

Biology or History?

Should I replace Biology with History this far into the course if I want to do Law in a good uni? Currently doing Biology, English and Psychology.
Reply 1
Original post by professional359
Should I replace Biology with History this far into the course if I want to do Law in a good uni? Currently doing Biology, English and Psychology.

hi! That would depend on the University requirements. But if they give you the option, pick the subject you believe you will get the best grades at! Don't do History if you despise it and won't do well in it. Do the subject you feel that you will succeed at!

Hope this helped!

Your subjects are fine for law.

Are you struggling with biology?
Do you love history and regret not picking it?
i love history. biology is meh. and im scared my personal statement will be dull cause what am i gonna how am i gonna write about biology will help me be good at law
i love history. biology is meh. and im scared my personal statement will be dull cause what am i gonna how am i gonna write about biology will help me be good at law

Probably history is more relevant to the law course. I have both history and law (international student, so it may be a bit different) buy they seem really connected. Specially law, it’s vital to know history to study law I think. Is it difficult to switch subjects?
Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo
Probably history is more relevant to the law course. I have both history and law (international student, so it may be a bit different) buy they seem really connected. Specially law, it’s vital to know history to study law I think. Is it difficult to switch subjects?

i think it will be. however im just wondering if it will be worth having to catch up on 2 months worth of missed content
i think it will be. however im just wondering if it will be worth having to catch up on 2 months worth of missed content

In history?
In history?

yes :frown:
yes :frown:

Well, I think you can easily study by yourself if you are a good student and like history. In my case, there were people that switched to my course (in my system there are specific courses- sciences, economics, humanities and art studies) and had to study one year of content by themselves and they seem to be coping with it. However, if you want an A or A* you probably need to study outside of class. Read more about the modules and different fields of history. But if you are doing well in biology, it would be a good idea to continue; if you’re REALLY struggling with it, perhaps history would be a good option
Well, I think you can easily study by yourself if you are a good student and like history. In my case, there were people that switched to my course (in my system there are specific courses- sciences, economics, humanities and art studies) and had to study one year of content by themselves and they seem to be coping with it. However, if you want an A or A* you probably need to study outside of class. Read more about the modules and different fields of history. But if you are doing well in biology, it would be a good idea to continue; if you’re REALLY struggling with it, perhaps history would be a good option

Like, in history, I think it’s easy to get a C or B, but if you want an excellent grade, you need to work really, really hard and study a lot

You shouldn’t be wasting space in your PS trying to link your A levels to your chosen degree. Your PS for law should be about what topics in law you have enjoyed so far (in your spare time) and what you’re looking forward to studying in more detail.

Quick Reply

Latest