The Student Room Group

GCSE

Guys, I'm re-sitting GCSE Aqa Geography next Year (2024) other than paper 3 being elongated from 1hr to 1:30 hours is there any other change in the specification or like in what we need to study and revise...??
How can I prepare for Paper 3?
Reply 1
Nope I believe it's all good. Most important thing to do well in paper 3 is to memorise your fieldwork and just general fieldwork skills (e.g. types of gathering data, systematic, random). It's important to know things like risk, and why your fieldwork was done how it was, know about different types of data representation, like pie charts, etc.
It's also really useful to understand how to write well, to do well in the 9 marker and such at the end on your own fieldwork, e.g. having your main point and being able to back it up. Past papers are good for this.
Finally it's definitely worth polishing knowledge of paper 1 and paper 2 because you can need to draw knowledge from that in section A, generally knowing the vocab and also knowing question command words. For example, a lot of people get caught out on questions like 'justify your data sampling methods' and put about what they did, but what you need is to show why this helped your results.

Loads of resources online if you care to look, the mark schemes and examiner reports are really useful!

Hope this helped slightly :biggrin:. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
Nope I believe it's all good. Most important thing to do well in paper 3 is to memorise your fieldwork and just general fieldwork skills (e.g. types of gathering data, systematic, random). It's important to know things like risk, and why your fieldwork was done how it was, know about different types of data representation, like pie charts, etc.
It's also really useful to understand how to write well, to do well in the 9 marker and such at the end on your own fieldwork, e.g. having your main point and being able to back it up. Past papers are good for this.
Finally it's definitely worth polishing knowledge of paper 1 and paper 2 because you can need to draw knowledge from that in section A, generally knowing the vocab and also knowing question command words. For example, a lot of people get caught out on questions like 'justify your data sampling methods' and put about what they did, but what you need is to show why this helped your results.

Loads of resources online if you care to look, the mark schemes and examiner reports are really useful!

Hope this helped slightly :biggrin:. Good luck!

I'm also resitting my geography GCSE exam next year (privately) and was wondering if I can use the same fieldwork I used last year or can I use one I've found on the internet? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by _ag.06
I'm also resitting my geography GCSE exam next year (privately) and was wondering if I can use the same fieldwork I used last year or can I use one I've found on the internet? :smile:

I'm pretty sure you can use any, so long as you put the title down and such. The Geography Fieldwork evaluation thing that teachers fill in is just to say that you've done fieldwork, which notably you have, so you should be able to do whatever you like, using a different one to the centre shouldn't make a difference (it's quite common for home-schooled students to just make it up because it's harder haha, and that always goes fine).

Best of luck once more! Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by {Moss}
I'm pretty sure you can use any, so long as you put the title down and such. The Geography Fieldwork evaluation thing that teachers fill in is just to say that you've done fieldwork, which notably you have, so you should be able to do whatever you like, using a different one to the centre shouldn't make a difference (it's quite common for home-schooled students to just make it up because it's harder haha, and that always goes fine).

Best of luck once more! Hope that helps :smile:

That's good thank you so much for response :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by _ag.06
That's good thank you so much for response :smile:

No problem at all! Need anything else feel free to message :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest