The Student Room Group

Did everyone get an invitation for the interview / offer from Cambridge????

Refers to title.
I'm an international student who's taking IB. I applied to Cambridge via UCAS on January 26th, and I'm not hearing anything from them. I haven't been rejected, nor have I received an offer. Are there any people who are in the same boat as me?
Original post by tldn0510
Refers to title.
I'm an international student who's taking IB. I applied to Cambridge via UCAS on January 26th, and I'm not hearing anything from them. I haven't been rejected, nor have I received an offer. Are there any people who are in the same boat as me?

What did you apply for, given that the deadline for undergraduate applications was last October 15th?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
What did you apply for, given that the deadline for undergraduate applications was last October 15th?

I applied for Economics at hughs hall, maybe I was applying to wrong pool..???? tbh I didn't plan to apply in UK universities but my school university counsellor told me to do so, I just chose one that was left as an option. I think I had two colleges to choose from. So like I researched about cambridge system after I applied 😭
I applied for Economics at hughs hall, maybe I was applying to wrong pool..???? tbh I didn't plan to apply in UK universities but my school university counsellor told me to do so, I just chose one that was left as an option. I think I had two colleges to choose from. So like I researched about cambridge system after I applied 😭

It looks like you needed to do your research before, not after applying. Unless there's something I'm missing, they won't consider your application for 2024 entry. You should contact Hughes Hall.
Reply 4
Refers to title.

Oooh if this is for undergraduate admissions.. unfortunately the application deadline was October 16th (as the other user mentioned), interview invitations were sent out around November and December...and the results have already been released on January 25th. I don't think your application will be considered 😭😭
(edited 1 month ago)
So, there are three possibilities here:

1) You will be aged 21 and over by the time you have started your course and you are applying for the March deadline. This lines up with your having applied to Hughes Hall but only applies to some courses. Which course did you apply for and will you be 21 or older on 1st October 2024? If this is the case, you should have heard back for the My Cambridge Application but I am not sure about interviews, etc. If this is the case, it may be worth emailing Hughes Hall
2) You are applying for postgraduate. In this case, I have no idea, sorry. Still maybe contact Hughes Hall
3) You have missed the deadline and are also applying to a mature-only college by mistake. I have a feeling this is the case as you are an IB student and you are talking about your school university counsellor. In this case, your application will not be considered and you will be marked as unsuccessful once they look at your application. You can reapply to a different college next year but this would necessarily be for 2025 entry.
Original post by melancollege
1) You will be aged 21 and over by the time you have started your course and you are applying for the March deadline. This lines up with your having applied to Hughes Hall but only applies to some courses. Which course did you apply for and will you be 21 or older on 1st October 2024? If this is the case, you should have heard back for the My Cambridge Application but I am not sure about interviews, etc. If this is the case, it may be worth emailing Hughes Hall
2) You are applying for postgraduate. In this case, I have no idea, sorry. Still maybe contact Hughes Hall
3) You have missed the deadline and are also applying to a mature-only college by mistake. I have a feeling this is the case as you are an IB student and you are talking about your school university counsellor. In this case, your application will not be considered and you will be marked as unsuccessful once they look at your application. You can reapply to a different college next year but this would necessarily be for 2025 entry.

Useful post, I missed the significance of Hughes Hall. Though for Economics applications the deadline is October according to https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/before/mature-student-applications
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 7
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7448452&p=99194846&page=1&viewing_newpost=1#post99194846

Hey, I just found this thread. If you are a mature student then this thread will probably answer your questions!!

It's the Cambridge mature application 2024 I think!
Reply 8
Original post by melancollege

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately, I am not a mature student, and today I talked to the counselor about this, and he said he confused the date. I was a bit disappointed, but I'm not blaming him! But anyways, thank you :>
Reply 9
Original post by Coeoe
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7448452&p=99194846&page=1&viewing_newpost=1#post99194846
Hey, I just found this thread. If you are a mature student then this thread will probably answer your questions!!
It's the Cambridge mature application 2024 I think!

Hi thank you for sharing this, but sadly I missed the undergraduate deadline and I'm not a mature student so.... 😂
Thank you for the response! Unfortunately, I am not a mature student, and today I talked to the counselor about this, and he said he confused the date. I was a bit disappointed, but I'm not blaming him! But anyways, thank you :>

While it is ultimately your responsibility, you should also blame your counsellor. He shouldn't give advice without knowing the facts.
Reply 11
Hi thank you for sharing this, but sadly I missed the undergraduate deadline and I'm not a mature student so.... 😂

😭 Oh nooo so it's a spot wasted? Dammm

Also I thought U were a mature student since you mentioned earlier that you only had two colleges to choose from...and you applied to Hughes hall. Because the only two mature colleges are Hughes hall and Wolfson 🤣🤣

I think your counsellor may have mixed up some facts and did not do enough research.
(edited 1 month ago)

I'm sorry to hear. If you are confident enough, you can apply later this year for 2025 entry, but I wouldn't recommend doing a gap year just for Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending