The Student Room Group

Eligibility for Student Finance for PGCE After Working Abroad ~3 Years

I graduated from university in summer 2022 and received a teaching job aboard in South-East Asia. I plan to return to the UK in summer 2025 to complete a PGCE in September 2025.

I have maintained my relationship with the UK with the following:

-UK bank statements showing I maintained a UK every month since I left the UK ( I still have my UK mobile phone)

-My temporary visa

-Letter from employer confirming I have been here working temporarily (my contracts were not automatically renewed I had have an performance review/interview to decide if I would be recontacted)

-I still have letters that go to a UK address

With all this in hand, would I have a strong case of proving my time here was only temporary
Original post by alerteddude234
I graduated from university in summer 2022 and received a teaching job aboard in South-East Asia. I plan to return to the UK in summer 2025 to complete a PGCE in September 2025.

I have maintained my relationship with the UK with the following:

-UK bank statements showing I maintained a UK every month since I left the UK ( I still have my UK mobile phone)

-My temporary visa

-Letter from employer confirming I have been here working temporarily (my contracts were not automatically renewed I had have an performance review/interview to decide if I would be recontacted)

-I still have letters that go to a UK address

With all this in hand, would I have a strong case of proving my time here was only temporary

Hi there,

Yes this would be all the types of evidence that we would request to show that your break in residency was temporary. Once you come back and submit your application you would be able to upload this evidence from your online account and an assessor will look at the evidence on a case by case basis.

Thanks, Drew
Hello Drew

Can I apply for the PGCE course while in South East Asia (e.g. can I apply October 2024 when the course opens)

I was hoping to apply in advance and early
Hello Drew

Can I apply for the PGCE course while in South East Asia (e.g. can I apply October 2024 when the course opens)

I was hoping to apply in advance and early

Hi there,

Yes you can still apply for the course while you are still away. The applications should open in February/March time for the 2024/25 academic year. If you follow us on social media we will let you know on this platform as soon as the applications are open.

Thanks, Drew
Hello,

Just to make sure I can apply in October 2024 while in South East Asia for a PGCE course that starts in the academic year 2025/26
(edited 5 months ago)
Hello,

Just to make sure I can apply in October 2024 while in South East Asia for a PGCE course that starts in the academic year 2025/26

Hi there,

Yes you will be able to apply but as it is a few years away I would advise you contact us closer to the time to make sure none of the policy has changed. The applications for 2025/26 will not be open until February/March 2025.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending