The Student Room Group

How do I apply for 2027 entry (undergrad)?

So currently I'm doing my IGCSEs and I'll be writing them in 2025 (and I'll be graduating in 2027). I would like to apply for a uni in the uk early on, so im just confused as to how I'll be doing that. Many people I know who are my age have already gotten acceptances to unis like oxford, etc. I basically want to know how I can submit an application for 2027 entry, when only 2024 entries are open to apply.
Original post by ItsNida
So currently I'm doing my IGCSEs and I'll be writing them in 2025 (and I'll be graduating in 2027). I would like to apply for a uni in the uk early on, so im just confused as to how I'll be doing that. Many people I know who are my age have already gotten acceptances to unis like oxford, etc. I basically want to know how I can submit an application for 2027 entry, when only 2024 entries are open to apply.

Just to clarify, I’m assuming your 17/18/19 years old based on ‘people I know who are my age have already gotten acceptances to unis like oxford’. After your IGCSE, and in the 2026/2027 academic year, when you have done one year out of two for your further education - international Baccalaureate, or some other qualification? You create a UCAS account, write your personal statement, add your details. You can only apply to 5 universities. You apply for X course at Y university. You can apply to different courses, but make sure your personal statement is linked to each course.

For 2027 admission, you can only apply in 2026/2027 academic year, if you are completing your further qualification that year. Currently, it is the 2023/2024 academic year. You must wait 3 years.
What are your IGCSE subjects? :smile: Are you doing Pearson Edexcel or Cambridge? :s-smilie:

You would be applying by 15th October 2026, for entry in October 2027. :wink:

Original post by ItsNida
Reply 3
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Just to clarify, I’m assuming your 17/18/19 years old based on ‘people I know who are my age have already gotten acceptances to unis like oxford’. After your IGCSE, and in the 2026/2027 academic year, when you have done one year out of two for your further education - international Baccalaureate, or some other qualification? You create a UCAS account, write your personal statement, add your details. You can only apply to 5 universities. You apply for X course at Y university. You can apply to different courses, but make sure your personal statement is linked to each course.

For 2027 admission, you can only apply in 2026/2027 academic year, if you are completing your further qualification that year. Currently, it is the 2023/2024 academic year. You must wait 3 years.

No actually, I’m 14. 2 people I know have got into uni already (we’re in year 10)
Original post by ItsNida

that's not entry
Reply 5
Original post by ItsNida
No actually, I’m 14. 2 people I know have got into uni already (we’re in year 10)

I really dont think that's physically possible? How did they tell u they got offers? I have an offer from Cambridge and really didnt worry about university until around the end of year 12 - so dont stress - you have years before you should start worrying. Just do your best in your exams next year and read books that are interesting to you
Original post by ItsNida

2026 is usually when people would apply from the 2027 entry, or some people might choose to apply for 2027 uni entries in 2025 but they apply for a deferred entry hence starting university in 2027.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending