The Student Room Group

Frenchhhhh gcse

guys i feel like there is no way of me getting a 5 at this point, i dont know how to revise and i have no motivation. i was thinking should i just revise vocab for the whole year (my gcses are this year) i feel like giving up 😒
Original post by ekiraiai
guys i feel like there is no way of me getting a 5 at this point, i dont know how to revise and i have no motivation. i was thinking should i just revise vocab for the whole year (my gcses are this year) i feel like giving up 😒

Hi, don't give up! Languages at gcse can get tough at some point, but there are always ways to tackle this!
You can try to expand your french learning to outside of school like taking an online course (like on duolingo) or listening to french music/watching french movies or just watching movies with french subtitles/listening to french podcasts. This might help you find a bit of an interest in french as well as teaching you some different vocab/grammar.
As a starting point, I recommend, either on the same day after you've had the lesson or at the end of every week, trying to review/learn the vocab/grammar you went through in class - you could also make flashcards on it to use as a revision resource like on quizlet.
Try to watch youtube videos that teach french or go through the best ways to learn french (as it might be more engaging to watch a video on it).
Good luck!
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hi, don't give up! Languages at gcse can get tough at some point, but there are always ways to tackle this!
You can try to expand your french learning to outside of school like taking an online course (like on duolingo) or listening to french music/watching french movies or just watching movies with french subtitles/listening to french podcasts. This might help you find a bit of an interest in french as well as teaching you some different vocab/grammar.
As a starting point, I recommend, either on the same day after you've had the lesson or at the end of every week, trying to review/learn the vocab/grammar you went through in class - you could also make flashcards on it to use as a revision resource like on quizlet.
Try to watch youtube videos that teach french or go through the best ways to learn french (as it might be more engaging to watch a video on it).
Good luck!

Thank You!! I will try to find some hope and not give up, which will be difficult, but thanks for the ideas!

Quick Reply

Latest