The Student Room Group

urgent! Full time education laws on private candidates?

After some long thinking I wanted to drop out of sixth form to self study A levels. I’m in year 13, 17 years old and 18 in June. I talked to my mum last night about my plan and she seemed open to the idea but it got completely shut down because of something like I won’t be in full time education and have to pay rent or something as I’m under 18? I read in another thread that as long as you’re registered as a private candidate and sitting exams at a centre this is avoidable but idk anymore, I can’t find proper explanations on it. Please tell me there’s a work-way around this, I really don’t wanna go back to school.
Reply 1
I don't understand, why would you want to self teach rather than having an actual teacher? You will do much worse without guidance, why would you give up two years of free professional education?!
Reply 2
Original post by Laffer
I don't understand, why would you want to self teach rather than having an actual teacher? You will do much worse without guidance, why would you give up two years of free professional education?!

my 6th form is bad, I've been practically self teaching myself the past year. For my NEA I will get a tutor. You don't even know me or my circumstances so why jump so quick to conclusions?

Quick Reply

Latest