The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Private Candidate - Predicted Grades/Reference

Please can somebody advise on the below?

1) If you are a private candidate then how would you be able to obtain your predicted grades?

2) Also, who would be the best person to provide a personal statement? (Employers would make little sense as they don't know I am studying in my own time)

Thanks in advance
Just bumping this for you as I don't know the full answer, but,

1. The only private candidate I have known personally, got their private tutor to provide a predicted grade, then school spoke to private tutor to make sure tests and mocks for the subject were done under controlled conditions. They were satisfied with the prediction and it went into the UCAS form. The student achieved the predicted grade.

2 - You're supposed to write your own Personal statement (loads of guidance and sample you can look at on TSR) unless you mean someone to read it before you submit? could you approach any of your old teachers?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hello!
I'll be sitting 3 a-levels through my sixth form and then my fourth as a private candidate. I'll have a weekly tutor for the fourth a-level.
Would my journey be similar to this?
Original post by Anonymous
Just bumping this for you as I don't know the full answer, but,

1. The only private candidate I have known personally, got their private tutor to provide a predicted grade, then school spoke to private tutor to make sure tests and mocks for the subject were done under controlled conditions. They were satisfied with the prediction and it went into the UCAS form. The student achieved the predicted grade.

2 - You're supposed to write your own Personal statement (loads of guidance and sample you can look at on TSR) unless you mean someone to read it before you submit? could you approach any of your old teachers?

Quick Reply

Latest