The Student Room Group

Design technology Nea

I need help!! The contextual challenge I chose was portable and compact, but I have no idea what product to make and I’m supposed to make it soon. Ideally I chose a picnic basket but how can I adapted that to fit portable and compact or vary it for my 6 design ideas, or what other product would be good to make? Please help :frown:
Hi,

I would start off by just searching up "compact picnic basket" and grabbing like 10 different images that you think are really cool. Then sketch them, then slightly change different aspects of those designs or take different bits of those designs and put them together, and so forth.

When looking at a product split it into aesthetics, functionality and ergonomics. Try to link your design theory to products, it gets you those extra marks. NEA is a good place to get those extra marks, I would recommend to absolutely bash it out every night you can.
Reply 2
Original post by nathanCheetah
Hi,

I would start off by just searching up "compact picnic basket" and grabbing like 10 different images that you think are really cool. Then sketch them, then slightly change different aspects of those designs or take different bits of those designs and put them together, and so forth.

When looking at a product split it into aesthetics, functionality and ergonomics. Try to link your design theory to products, it gets you those extra marks. NEA is a good place to get those extra marks, I would recommend to absolutely bash it out every night you can.

Thank you so much I’ve been trying to look everywhere for images but I can’t find anything good, please can you help me out and find any good images?
Original post by Aur0raa
Thank you so much I’ve been trying to look everywhere for images but I can’t find anything good, please can you help me out and find any good images?

Literally search up on google "compact basket" and "compact picnic basket". That should give you a good starting point.
Reply 4
Original post by nathanCheetah

Literally search up on google "compact basket" and "compact picnic basket". That should give you a good starting point.

Thank you <3 I’ll do it soon and update you

Quick Reply

Latest