The Student Room Group

Design Technology/ Product Design

I take product design, maths and further maths but product design seems way too easy and I feel like I’m not being taught enough and that we may be behind. I was also wondering when we should be starting the NEA because at my school we do all the content then the NEA which made sense but I feel like we may be starting the NEA too late. The main reason for my concern is because a similar thing happened at GCSE and it impacted my grade significantly. I just wondered what other people thought about the course in terms of effort required compared to other subjects and what time they started the NEA.
Reply 1
Original post by CharliePemb
I take product design, maths and further maths but product design seems way too easy and I feel like I’m not being taught enough and that we may be behind. I was also wondering when we should be starting the NEA because at my school we do all the content then the NEA which made sense but I feel like we may be starting the NEA too late. The main reason for my concern is because a similar thing happened at GCSE and it impacted my grade significantly. I just wondered what other people thought about the course in terms of effort required compared to other subjects and what time they started the NEA.

My exam board is Edexcel (sorry I forgot to include this)
Reply 2
I started my NEA in September.
Reply 3
Original post by rtp00
I started my NEA in September.

Was that year 12 or 13
Reply 4
Was that year 12 or 13

Yr13
Reply 5
Original post by rtp00

Yr13

Thank you
Product design does seem easier compared to maths (aqa exam board for me), weve done no theory since last april but i still seem to be doing pretty well in mocks for it, as for the coursework we started thinking about what we were gonna do before we broke up for the summer holiday in year 12 and then properly started the research when we came back for year 13. If when you do the coursework start feeling like youre falling behind id recomend asking your teachers if you could stay and do extra hours in study periods or after school etc makes you feel a bit better about deadlines if youre ahead

Quick Reply

Latest