The Student Room Group

Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry Bachelor's Degree

Hey, I'm in L6 and I'm looking at the Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry degree at Loughborough university and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or advice about this course and what it entails, please?? As well as any knowledge about the uni, like what daily life's like, etc. Also any relevant work experience which could help me when I go to apply next year! Thanks!!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by lillyb0193
Hey, I'm in L6 and I'm looking at the Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry degree at Loughborough university and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or advice about this course and what it entails, please?? As well as any knowledge about the uni, like what daily life's like, etc. Also any relevant work experience which could help me when I go to apply next year! Thanks!!

Hi @lillyb0193

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I would recommend looking at this page here. There is lot's of information about the course. If you scroll down you can see what modules are covered each year which may help give you a bit of insight to what the course entails. There is also lots of information about where you will study which might interest you. There are contact details at the bottom of that page if you have any further questions about the course.

I have just finished my second year at Loughborough so can give you a bit of insight about Loughborough. There are so many opportunities available: from sport to societies and RAG (just a few examples of what is offered) there's so much to get involved in! I really like the campus and community feel of Loughborough it really feels like a student town- you tend to bump into people you know wherever you are. I tend to spend most weekdays on campus as there is lots going on for example studying, watching sports teams play and nights out at the union! Weekends I usually go into town- there are lots of nice coffee shops and restaurants. As Loughborough can't offer what big cities can offer we sometimes get the train to Nottingham or Leicester, for a city atmosphere, which are both about 20 minutes away on the train and easy enough to do as the train station is very close and there is a campus shuttle that operates about every 10 minutes.

I hope this helps- if you have any other questions feel free to ask me :smile:

Alex
Reply 2
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @lillyb0193

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I would recommend looking at this page here. There is lot's of information about the course. If you scroll down you can see what modules are covered each year which may help give you a bit of insight to what the course entails. There is also lots of information about where you will study which might interest you. There are contact details at the bottom of that page if you have any further questions about the course.

I have just finished my second year at Loughborough so can give you a bit of insight about Loughborough. There are so many opportunities available: from sport to societies and RAG (just a few examples of what is offered) there's so much to get involved in! I really like the campus and community feel of Loughborough it really feels like a student town- you tend to bump into people you know wherever you are. I tend to spend most weekdays on campus as there is lots going on for example studying, watching sports teams play and nights out at the union! Weekends I usually go into town- there are lots of nice coffee shops and restaurants. As Loughborough can't offer what big cities can offer we sometimes get the train to Nottingham or Leicester, for a city atmosphere, which are both about 20 minutes away on the train and easy enough to do as the train station is very close and there is a campus shuttle that operates about every 10 minutes.

I hope this helps- if you have any other questions feel free to ask me :smile:

Alex

Thank you so much!! This was so helpful.
Reply 3
Degrees in this area are available at lots of other Unis - just google "Medicinal Chemistry", "Chemistry for Drug Discovery", "Pharmacology" etc
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Degrees in this area are available at lots of other Unis - just google "Medicinal Chemistry", "Chemistry for Drug Discovery", "Pharmacology" etc

Okay, Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending