The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Can you get into top unis (eg UCL and LSE) With a Level 3 business extended diploma

If anyone can offer help I will be more than grateful, I am in year 12 and currently study a Level 3 business extended diploma (ctech). I want to get into a good university in future, However unfortunately you dont find much help online with this course specifically, i wanted to know if any top unis in the UK offer courses for someone studying my subject.
Reply 1
Have you looked at the course entry requirements on the course page fir each of those Unis?

Be aware that most 'top' Unis will want an additional A level in Maths - and therefore you may have to look at more middle-range Unis.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Have you looked at the course entry requirements on the course page fir each of those Unis?

Be aware that most 'top' Unis will want an additional A level in Maths - and therefore you may have to look at more middle-range Unis.

Tbh am very open to spending some time gathering an additional a level in maths ,however with course entry requirements many unis iv looked at have been giving me little information, they mostly talk about btec nationals and my course isnt one. in theory if i were to gain an additional a level in maths do you think that may allow me to access any top unis.
Original post by R1DZ
Tbh am very open to spending some time gathering an additional a level in maths ,however with course entry requirements many unis iv looked at have been giving me little information, they mostly talk about btec nationals and my course isnt one. in theory if i were to gain an additional a level in maths do you think that may allow me to access any top unis.

What were your GCSE grades? Did you achieve a B/6 grade or above in GCSE Maths? 😧

You could self study Maths, Further Maths and Economics and then apply. Due to the 'rigour' of the LSE Economics degree and 'intensity', you will need Further Maths too.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by thegeek888
What were your GCSE grades? Did you achieve a B/6 grade or above in GCSE Maths? 😧

You could self study Maths, Further Maths and Economics and then apply. Due to the 'rigour' of the LSE Economics degree and 'intensity', you will need Further Maths too.

Yh I got a 6 in maths, if i were to self study i would have to do it post year 13 due to the intensive workload if i do it otherwise, if i do then i mihg aswell study the course at a college for post 18s no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending