The Student Room Group

modern languages personal statement help

What do I put into my personal statement for French? in terms of things that show I have interest for it outside of school.
Reply 1
Original post by fefhghjhbdsxcc
What do I put into my personal statement for French? in terms of things that show I have interest for it outside of school.

Have you gone to France and immersed yourself in the culture, language and lifestyle? That would show me you’re interested!
Original post by subbhy
Have you gone to France and immersed yourself in the culture, language and lifestyle? That would show me you’re interested!

I have not been to France 😭 at all I don’t know what else to add, do you have any ideas?
Language podcasts, reading the news in French, reading books (including children’s books) in French, pen pals, watching films and series in French, helping younger students in French lessons. If you’ve done any of these, I think they’d show interest in the language outside of school
Thanks so much!
Reply 5
Original post by fefhghjhbdsxcc
I have not been to France 😭 at all I don’t know what else to add, do you have any ideas?

Anxious turtle covered it well!

Perhaps learning about the culture/ reading classic French books. Maybe visiting museums related to France?
books you've read, movies you've seen, any translation or essay writing competitions you've entered, trips to a French country, tutoring you've done, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending