The Student Room Group

How can I specify my language choices in the application form?

I'd like to apply to a course called Modern Languages, Translation, and Interpretation, but within this course, there are multiple primary and secondary language combination options to choose from.
When I enter the course's name into the UCAS application form, it doesn't give me any options to choose my primary and secondary language. The uni's (Newcastle University) course description doesn't say anything about having to write in the "further details" part of the application form.
Is there any way I have to specify my language choices or does that happen after someone gets accepted to this course?
Original post by Argentatou
I'd like to apply to a course called Modern Languages, Translation, and Interpretation, but within this course, there are multiple primary and secondary language combination options to choose from.
When I enter the course's name into the UCAS application form, it doesn't give me any options to choose my primary and secondary language. The uni's (Newcastle University) course description doesn't say anything about having to write in the "further details" part of the application form.
Is there any way I have to specify my language choices or does that happen after someone gets accepted to this course?

Let me quickly annoy the reps for you. @Newcastle University
Original post by Argentatou

Hi @Argentatou, thanks for your interest in our Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting BA Honours programme.

We would usually determine the primary language an applicant wished to take from their personal statement and/or the language(s) they have studied at A Level. The secondary (beginners') language can then be decided upon registering at the University.

I hope this helps!
Scott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending