The Student Room Group

i got 7-9 in all my gcses; ask me anything!

i got 778888999D*2 in my gcses; ask me any questions you have <3
(i did geog, business, german, re + creative imedia)
(edited 5 months ago)
Any tips on geography? I’m aiming for a 9
Reply 2
Original post by RandomOneOhOne
Any tips on geography? I’m aiming for a 9

i got a 9 in aqa geography (am also currently doing it for a-level) and my main tips are

practice exam style questions; i focused mainly on 6 markers, e.g. how is a spit formed, how is a steep sided gorge formed, etc. as my teacher taught me that these are where most marks are picked up

gave these answers to my teacher to mark, and then completed again and again till i got full marks

i used geographer online on youtube; i found their videos the most concise and straight-forward

for paper 3, i didn't revise until the day. the only revision i did was looking online for structure for the 9 marker (2 paras for + 2 paras against + conc), because the rest can not really be revised for, except fieldwork.

condensed case studies into 1 or 2 flashcards (1 for most, 2 for longer case studies, e.g. nigeria) and memorised all important numbers and stats (death tolls, dates), + if you plan to do a-level, it also gives you a head start, because all the case studies are just as useful

i did about 40 mins of geography every 3 days in my schedule, and i found that more than enough to get me a solid 9 (221/252, 189 for a 9)

good luck :smile:
Original post by happylondon
i got a 9 in aqa geography (am also currently doing it for a-level) and my main tips are

practice exam style questions; i focused mainly on 6 markers, e.g. how is a spit formed, how is a steep sided gorge formed, etc. as my teacher taught me that these are where most marks are picked up

gave these answers to my teacher to mark, and then completed again and again till i got full marks

i used geographer online on youtube; i found their videos the most concise and straight-forward

for paper 3, i didn't revise until the day. the only revision i did was looking online for structure for the 9 marker (2 paras for + 2 paras against + conc), because the rest can not really be revised for, except fieldwork.

condensed case studies into 1 or 2 flashcards (1 for most, 2 for longer case studies, e.g. nigeria) and memorised all important numbers and stats (death tolls, dates), + if you plan to do a-level, it also gives you a head start, because all the case studies are just as useful

i did about 40 mins of geography every 3 days in my schedule, and i found that more than enough to get me a solid 9 (221/252, 189 for a 9)

good luck :smile:

That is really useful info. Thanks 😊
Reply 4
i got 778888899D*2 in my gcses; ask me any questions you have <3

Any tips for German? Just had my listening mock and it went awfully :frown:
Reply 5
i got 778888999D*2 in my gcses; ask me any questions you have <3

hi!

what would you recommend for English literature, as I am really struggling 🙂 thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest