The Student Room Group

GCSE A

Hi im in year 10 and I was wondering if I could get some tips on how to get grade 9s.

My options are
arabic
spanish
business
history
geography

im doing igcse in most of them but doing gcse in science and business.
could I have some advice and helpful websites pls
Reply 1
Hi!

The best advice I can give is repetitive practice as this very quickly improves your ability to recall information. This can be done through a few practice questions on a topic per day/ going over notes and overall learning the content. Then wait a day or two for that subject and come back to it, seeing how much you can recall. If you remember it - great! You can put that aside for a week and come back to it after a while longer. If not, keep looking at it every few days until you begin to remember it. You can do this with every subject, especially the ones you mentioned above.

Remember that you will only get out what you put in - the most important thing above everything is that you’re doing work towards your goals!

The best websites are:

Physics and maths tutor - loads of past papers and specific topic questions that help consolidate your knowledge, as well as topic notes

Save my exams - lots of topic notes and practice questions

Free science lessons YouTube - very good, thorough content that helped me a lot in my GCSEs (especially if you are an auditory learner)

Revision world - past papers and question papers

Also, if you have access to them, tutors can be very helpful in personalising your learning and finding the specific gaps you’re struggling with. Some good online tutors can be found at MyTutor (good prices) or Tutorful (very high quality tutors).

Good luck with everything, as long as you’re putting the work in - and it sounds like you are - you should be fine!
Reply 2
Original post by BioTutor1
Hi!

The best advice I can give is repetitive practice as this very quickly improves your ability to recall information. This can be done through a few practice questions on a topic per day/ going over notes and overall learning the content. Then wait a day or two for that subject and come back to it, seeing how much you can recall. If you remember it - great! You can put that aside for a week and come back to it after a while longer. If not, keep looking at it every few days until you begin to remember it. You can do this with every subject, especially the ones you mentioned above.

Remember that you will only get out what you put in - the most important thing above everything is that you’re doing work towards your goals!

The best websites are:

Physics and maths tutor - loads of past papers and specific topic questions that help consolidate your knowledge, as well as topic notes

Save my exams - lots of topic notes and practice questions

Free science lessons YouTube - very good, thorough content that helped me a lot in my GCSEs (especially if you are an auditory learner)

Revision world - past papers and question papers

Also, if you have access to them, tutors can be very helpful in personalising your learning and finding the specific gaps you’re struggling with. Some good online tutors can be found at MyTutor (good prices) or Tutorful (very high quality tutors).

Good luck with everything, as long as you’re putting the work in - and it sounds like you are - you should be fine!

thank you so much this is rlly helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest