The Student Room Group

Ask Me Anything: Living As An Art Student In London!

Studying in London is the dream for a lot of art students: not just are you surrounded by dozens of galleries and a constant stream of high-profile exhibitions, but you’re also in one of the cultural capitals of Europe. It was definitely one of my main ambitions during secondary school, so I’m glad to say I’m finally doing it - even if it is a bit more expensive here and there!

I moved to London from Belfast, Northern Ireland, so although I didn’t move very far in terms of distance, it was still a bit of a shock to begin living independently in a new, much bigger city. Luckily, I managed to settle in fairly quickly and had an excellent first year, making work I would have never even really thought possible a few years ago (still would have liked a bit more in my maintenance loan, though)!

Right now, I’m a second year Fine Art and Art History student at Kingston School of Art, and like many other students I’m trying my best to strike a balance between uni work, my part-time job and maintaining a social life.

Feel free to ask me anything, whether it’s about budgeting, studying art in London or just general ‘university life’ queries. :biggrin:

- Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest