The Student Room Group

help!! does it matter if you have ugly pages in your art gcse sketchbook??

i'm in year 10, just starting art gcse (AQA) and unfortunately i haven't been able to keep up until the deadline (irresponsible ik but its a one time thing) so i've been rushing all my pages and they are ugly af, i would say maybe half of my pieces are good, the rest are kinda trash? but i think i annotate well and i've done quite a bit of experimentation. if i show progress, will my earlier ugly pages still impact my score? i'd like to score high 7-9, so will my first around 8-10ish pages impact that?
Reply 1
Original post by xgsthcthf
i'm in year 10, just starting art gcse (AQA) and unfortunately i haven't been able to keep up until the deadline (irresponsible ik but its a one time thing) so i've been rushing all my pages and they are ugly af, i would say maybe half of my pieces are good, the rest are kinda trash? but i think i annotate well and i've done quite a bit of experimentation. if i show progress, will my earlier ugly pages still impact my score? i'd like to score high 7-9, so will my first around 8-10ish pages impact that?

ugly pages are fine! You don’t get marked on presentation, just development and ideas. My pages for GCSE were terrible haha and my works… even worse
Reply 2
Original post by waffelton
ugly pages are fine! You don’t get marked on presentation, just development and ideas. My pages for GCSE were terrible haha and my works… even worse

do you mind if i ask what you got?

I'm sure it shouldn't matter, the teachers liked it when I left my sums I got wrong on the page for maths it shows your workings and that you tried. Don't worry you'll be fine! :smile:

trust me everyone redoes like their whole book the week before coursework is due in y11 but i did like 70% of my work at home and my exam book was an absolute mess . I stayed up till 4 am the night before doing it and i had to get up at 6. ur in y10 life is so chill rn just enjoy it xxx

For reference I got a 9 in art but scraped it . I was the “most improved student” lmfaoo my teachers liked me now but before they didn’t but bc its them who mark ur work act like ur doing a lot of work and make ur teachers like u.
Reply 5
Original post by Rosiemai123
I'm sure it shouldn't matter, the teachers liked it when I left my sums I got wrong on the page for maths it shows your workings and that you tried. Don't worry you'll be fine! :smile:

thank you!! did you do art gcse?
Reply 6
Original post by sara572729
trust me everyone redoes like their whole book the week before coursework is due in y11 but i did like 70% of my work at home and my exam book was an absolute mess . I stayed up till 4 am the night before doing it and i had to get up at 6. ur in y10 life is so chill rn just enjoy it xxx

For reference I got a 9 in art but scraped it . I was the “most improved student” lmfaoo my teachers liked me now but before they didn’t but bc its them who mark ur work act like ur doing a lot of work and make ur teachers like u.

okay okay thanks that made me feel so much better 😭
okay okay thanks that made me feel so much better 😭

no probs !! If u have any more art questions lmk or just general gcse questions
Reply 8
do you mind if i ask what you got?

I got an 8 (could have gotten 9, but I started the course late)
thank you!! did you do art gcse?

I'm afraid I didn't, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest