The Student Room Group

possible to do AS and AL physics in 6 months ?

hello everybody , please advice me on this situation i am really confused . physics is required in my course and i have already done my AL exams on computer science , economics and maths . but because physics is required will i be able to complete the syllabus and do papers within a period of 6 months , if i give about 4-5 hours everyday for physics . Please advice
Original post by aaisha456
hello everybody , please advice me on this situation i am really confused . physics is required in my course and i have already done my AL exams on computer science , economics and maths . but because physics is required will i be able to complete the syllabus and do papers within a period of 6 months , if i give about 4-5 hours everyday for physics . Please advice

A single A level (both years) is nominally designed to take 360 guided learning hours. If you spread that over 6 months, that's about 60 hours per month, or about 15 hours per week. So yes, it's possible.

Have you given any thought as to how you'd arrange the required practicals?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
A single A level (both years) is nominally designed to take 360 guided learning hours. If you spread that over 6 months, that's about 60 hours per month, or about 15 hours per week. So yes, it's possible.

Have you given any thought as to how you'd arrange the required practicals?

Thank you for your response ! no i have not thought about the praticals , how do i plan it out please please help advice me on this
Original post by aaisha456
Thank you for your response ! no i have not thought about the praticals , how do i plan it out please please help advice me on this

You have three choices:
1. Don't do the A level, but the International A level. That doesn't have the practicals.
2. Ensure that the exam centre which you pick to take your exams can arrange for you to do the practicals (for an additional fee).
3. Don't do the practicals. You'll still get the A level, but you won't get the accompanying practical endorsement.

Before opting for 3, carefully check the entry requirements for your target unis. Many (perhaps most) will require the practical endorsement (if your qualification has one).

Before opting for 1, carefully check that your target unis will accept the International A level as being equivalent to the A level. I don't know why they wouldn't, but it would a bad surprise to get on results day!

Quick Reply

Latest