The Student Room Group

(edited 4 months ago)
You need to read your accommodation contract for cancellation terms
Original post by DarwinStarr23
I really don’t like my hall’s accommodation as it’s making mental health go down, I can’t find a replacement tenant either, and it’s not for me

could I get myself evicted to get out of the contract? if so would I still have to pay the rent?

Hey there @DarwinStarr23 !

I really wouldn't recommend it haha. I'd really think about the repercussions of trying to get yourself kicked off a legally binding contract. Could you ask your landlord for help with finding a replacement tenant? And have you tried all possible means to find one? Unify, Facebook groups etc.

Hope it all works out for you!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Reply 3
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey there @DarwinStarr23 !

I really wouldn't recommend it haha. I'd really think about the repercussions of trying to get yourself kicked off a legally binding contract. Could you ask your landlord for help with finding a replacement tenant? And have you tried all possible means to find one? Unify, Facebook groups etc.

Hope it all works out for you!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Yeah I've tried everything I asked the company the advertise my room on their site and they said no, I also made the rent cheaper as where I will be moving is cheaper so I would be covering part of the rent and still nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending