The Student Room Group

Liverpool uni accommodation

Hi everyone,

just wondering about accomodation for a first year starting in September. Between uni accommodations and private accomodations what would you recommend? private one seems much cheaper for better rooms so I'm a bit suspicious. any got experience being a first year in a private accom?thanks !
Reply 1
Im looking at same
I have a studio available for takeover from September 2024.
The contract can be transferred officially. All bills included.
The location is very close to grocery store, city centre and university.
I can offer you a small discount (cheaper than the official price).
Let me know if you are interested.
I personally think private accoms are definitely better, there's more variety and significantly cheaper than university halls. The biggest pro, however, for staying in uni halls is the social life and you're more likely to meet other students in the same year and you can become friends. Honestly, it really depends on your preferences :smile: Let me know if you need any accom recommendations!
Reply 4
Original post by Coffeebanana123
Hi everyone,
just wondering about accomodation for a first year starting in September. Between uni accommodations and private accomodations what would you recommend? private one seems much cheaper for better rooms so I'm a bit suspicious. any got experience being a first year in a private accom?thanks !

I’ve been staying at a private accommodation for my first year and I can say it was well worth it. The location of the one the I was staying at was perfect as it was 1 minute walk from Lidl, 4 minute walk from University of liverpool and an 8 minute walk from the train station. I have a tenancy for next year but I’m looking for someone to replace me and take over that tenancy instead as me and my friends have decided to move into a house instead. Details of the tenancy can be found below and if you are interested, just message me back. I hope you enjoy ur first year and I can certainly say make the most of it because it goes by very quick.

Capital Gate Student accommodation
L3 5NT

- En-suite Bronze room
- Small Double Bed
- £145 per week (all bills included)
- No deposit required
- 44 week contract - 7th September 2024 to
12th July 2025
- Payment in 4 instalments
- Shared kitchen
- Can still choose whether to be in a 5 or 6 person flat
- Same gender flats can be accommodated
- Common area downstairs
- Laundry facilities on site as well

The location is excellent in all aspects. It is a 1 minute walk from Lidl, 4 minute walk from University of Liverpool campus, 6-8 minute walk from Liverpool Lime Street Station and 10 minute walk to the City Centre.
Hi everyone,

Hi there,
It's up to you which you opt for but there certainly are perks to choosing private student accommodation. For example, at Student Roost we offer not only all bills included but also 24/7 support from our property teams. You can also expect access to extra facilities (it varies property to property but we're talking cinema rooms, gyms etc.) Plus, packed events calendars are something we love to create.

When I lived in private accommodation in my third year, there were lots of first year students around and some had requested to live with other first year students.

Hope this helps!

-Nicky
Hi everyone,

Hi there,

We understand that finding suitable student accommodation can often be a hassle. We can see that you need help choosing between university accommodation options and private options, so let us break down some of the differences.

The first main difference between university housing and private housing is its purpose. University-managed housing is built with student needs in mind, so it sometimes offers student-friendly on-site facilities while private options are for everyone; this also creates a difference in your potential flatmates or neighbours.

Another difference is bills; all utility bills are usually included in student halls, but this is not always the case with private housing options.

Lastly, private housing options offer more flexibility in tenancy and room types but at a price.
If you want the middle ground that combines all these features, then your top pick would be PBSA (Purposely Built Student Accommodation). This type of accommodation offers a wider variety of room types compared to university halls, and all bills are included. It is also specially designed for students.
Some of our top picks include:
Capital Gate Roost
Arrad House
Pembroke Studios
St Andrew's Gardens
Unite Students Lennon Studios
If you need additional support, contact our helpful staff free of charge.
"
Hi everyone,

Hi Lovely, I have a room available In Liverpool Town Centre. It's only £500 a month. Is fully furnished,all bills Included. Comes with free access to the gym, cinema, study and communal spaces, free breakfast and cleaning and mantainence services.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending