The Student Room Group

Didn’t apply for SAAS tuition funding in time

Messed up big time I didn’t realise I had to apply for SAAS to cover my tuition and now the deadline for fees is two weeks away and SAAS won’t get back to me for another three weeks. If I pay my tuition fees out of pocket can I get SAAS to reimburse me? I’ve been told this can be done by a few people but I can’t see to find clarification online?
I would suggest discussing this with your uni. For English unis with SFE, normally if you applied late but supply evidence you have submitted your application, they will put a hold on your account noting that you've applied and the fees should be coming in but they will be late.

Otherwise in my experience if you have to initially pay the tuition fees out of pocket, what happens is you pay the tuition fees to the uni, then the funding body pays the fees to the uni, then the uni refunds you the fees you paid. So it wouldn't be SAAS that reimburses you but the uni.

But speak with the uni first because I imagine this is not an uncommon situation and the first scenario is likely to be the one you can arrange (which is also better).
Original post by artful_lounger
I would suggest discussing this with your uni. For English unis with SFE, normally if you applied late but supply evidence you have submitted your application, they will put a hold on your account noting that you've applied and the fees should be coming in but they will be late.

Otherwise in my experience if you have to initially pay the tuition fees out of pocket, what happens is you pay the tuition fees to the uni, then the funding body pays the fees to the uni, then the uni refunds you the fees you paid. So it wouldn't be SAAS that reimburses you but the uni.

But speak with the uni first because I imagine this is not an uncommon situation and the first scenario is likely to be the one you can arrange (which is also better).

Thanks so much! This is a huge weight off my mind!
Reply 3
Original post by YikesYikesYikes
Messed up big time I didn’t realise I had to apply for SAAS to cover my tuition and now the deadline for fees is two weeks away and SAAS won’t get back to me for another three weeks. If I pay my tuition fees out of pocket can I get SAAS to reimburse me? I’ve been told this can be done by a few people but I can’t see to find clarification online?

Hi, sorry to bother you but can I please ask if you managed to get this sorted..I've done exactly the same thing and now I'm ill with worry ..my Uni is Strathclyde...many thanks 👍🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending