The Student Room Group

How did your chemistry Oxford interview go?!

Hi! I had my interview on Tuesday. My interview was debatable. It was hard indeed and I’m worrying that I’m the only person who found it hard lol. Personally the organic side was the hardest aspect for me idk why.
How did you find it yours??

*remember NOT to share any details about ur interview !!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I had my interview on Tuesday. My interview was debatable. It was hard indeed and I’m worrying that I’m the only person who found it hard lol. Personally the organic side was the hardest aspect for me idk why.

Trust me when I say you won’t be the only one to have found your interviews hard - they are designed to be exceptionally difficult and you aren’t supposed to be able to get everything right the first time as the tutors like to see how you are able to get yourself un-stuck and how you think in unfamiliar situations.

I was interviewed in both December 2021 (rejected) and December 2022 (landing an offer) and had a grand total of 7 interviews across both attempts.

On my first attempt, I would say my second interview with my first college (inorganic and maths) and my second college interview (all three fields of chemistry) were both very straightforward and the first (physical and maths) and third (organic) interviews with my first college were very challenging, with the third interview going so badly that I’m convinced it’s the main reason why I was rejected the first time round.

On my second attempt, both interviews with my first college (physical/maths and inorganic/organic) were fairly challenging (but nowhere near as bad as the first and third interviews from my first attempt) my second college interview (inorganic/organic) was very straightforward.

I put the comparative ease of the interviews in my second attempt down to better preparation and having already been through the interview process once, which meant I knew roughly what to expect.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Couldn’t have been worse, got simple things wrong and it ended quickly. Just so disappointing
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
Couldn’t have been worse, got simple things wrong and it ended quickly. Just so disappointing

Me n u both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending