The Student Room Group

Should I apply to Cambridge? (Year 12)

Hi,

I am currently in Year 12 and it has always been my dream to go to Cambridge. My stats currently are 777655554 and my teachers think that I could achieve the entry requirements for History (A*AA)

I was wondering if you think it would be worth it if I applied.
Reply 1
Hey!
In my opinion, it depends on what the 4 was in. If it was in Maths or English Language, you might want to consider retaking those, as those usually require at least a 5. However, I believe that in most cases, if you have a strong passion for your chosen subject, it's always worth it to apply for your dream uni. So if you ask me, I think you should go for it.
Definitely worth it to ask your subject teachers and head of sixth form as well for extra advice.
Reply 2
Original post by strugglin
Hey!
In my opinion, it depends on what the 4 was in. If it was in Maths or English Language, you might want to consider retaking those, as those usually require at least a 5. However, I believe that in most cases, if you have a strong passion for your chosen subject, it's always worth it to apply for your dream uni. So if you ask me, I think you should go for it.
Definitely worth it to ask your subject teachers and head of sixth form as well for extra advice.

Thank You so much. I got the 4 in Physics. I have two 7’s in English and a 5 in Maths. I got a 7 in History but I was one mark off of an 8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending