The Student Room Group

Would it possible to still have a chance to get into Cambridge with predicted grades?

So in Year 12, I am striving to apply to study Computer Science at Cambridge. I had received A*A*A as my predicted grades. Within Year 12, I had been doing A-levels: Mathematics, Chemistry and Computer Science.

In Year 13, however, I will be doing AS-level Further Mathematics. I had not started any lessons nor any tests within AS-level Further Mathematics yet in Year 12, but due to having to have a predicted grade for this subject to put into UCAS, the head of mathematics at my current school gave a B and I do not think I could negotiate with them to give me an A due to this circumstance.

I am worried that having an A*A* A B will significantly affect my chances to get into Cambridge for Computer Science.
Reply 1
Original post by mellow2006
So in Year 12, I am striving to apply to study Computer Science at Cambridge. I had received A*A*A as my predicted grades. Within Year 12, I had been doing A-levels: Mathematics, Chemistry and Computer Science.

In Year 13, however, I will be doing AS-level Further Mathematics. I had not started any lessons nor any tests within AS-level Further Mathematics yet in Year 12, but due to having to have a predicted grade for this subject to put into UCAS, the head of mathematics at my current school gave a B and I do not think I could negotiate with them to give me an A due to this circumstance.

I am worried that having an A*A* A B will significantly affect my chances to get into Cambridge for Computer Science.

There are 12 applicants per place, so it is very much so a lottery for Computer Science at Cambridge University.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/computer-science

You could always apply with A*A*Ab predicted, and with a 'stellar' UCAS Personal Statement, and good interviews and tests you could gain an offer. :smile:

But remember, so many applicants will have done A-Level Further Maths. :frown:

Always remember, you have a great chance of re-applying if all does not go to plan. Because with certificated Post A-Level applications, there is a much more likelihood of being offered a place. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending