The Student Room Group

are my chances low into getting into Cambridge?

I want to take a gap year I am in year 12 and then apply for natural sciences at Cambridge I do math, bio, and physics will this lower my chance of getting in as I don't do chem and I would take a gap year too also when should I do the NSAA for natural sciences this year at the beginning of year 13 or next year?
Original post by miya2905
I want to take a gap year I am in year 12 and then apply for natural sciences at Cambridge I do math, bio, and physics will this lower my chance of getting in as I don't do chem and I would take a gap year too also when should I do the NSAA for natural sciences this year at the beginning of year 13 or next year?

Hello! All Colleges require A Level Mathematics and A Levels in two other science subjects, so your subject choices meet this requirement. You should check for any College specific requirements and any restrictions on the options you can take in the first year: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/natural-sciences

You take the NSAA in the year you apply. If you are applying in October 2023 for deferred entry in 2025, then you will take the NSAA in 2023. If you are applying in October 2024 for direct entry in 2025, then you will take the NSAA in 2024.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending